• Advertisement
rjhwinner03

In game image memset function not working...

Advertisement

Might I ask, in what way have you given any tidbits. I have given you an entire function,

yet you keep asking for more. If you are trying to persuade me toward the open source community and GPL, I am not planning on now, and maybe ever, giving out any of my source code, but that may change, later, when this source code means less to me.

Also, how can you prove that I do not know what I am doing? I literally have single handedly  early programmed a full Real Time Strategy Game, and have made it known, and yet you say that I do not know what I am doing.

The reason I came to this site is to get help, and maybe move to making my project open source, but my efforts of getting much help from this question have not been great, and you have not at all answered my question. 

No, I have just gotten wasted posts stating that I have no experience with C++, which is frustrating because I would sometimes stay up until past midnight with several weekends in a row doing programming, usually months at a time.

If you want more code, state what you will need, if it is another function, or even the DirectX 9 files, but I don’t want to let my hard work go to the world in the form of source code, but in the form of a game, which I plan to get working.

I am sorry if you take this post wrongly and I hope you understand what is bothering me, and causing me to write this post. 

However,

BE MORE SPECIFIC

Warmest Regards,

rjhwinner03

Edited by rjhwinner03

54 minutes ago, rjhwinner03 said:

If you are trying to persuade me toward the open source community and GPL...

I highly recommend MIT or BSD over GPL.

12 hours ago, rjhwinner03 said:

If you are trying to persuade me toward the open source community and GPL

No one is trying to persuade you to open source your entire project.

You have asked for help with a problem you have apparently been unable to resolve. A certain amount of information is required to properly diagnose and aid you in fixing that problem.

If you provide said information, we can help to solve your problem(s).

If you don't want to provide said information, we can at best make some educated guesses.

It's your choice. Help people to help you by providing the required information, or help yourself because no one else will be able to.

12 hours ago, rjhwinner03 said:

BE MORE SPECIFIC

You have repeatedly been asked specific questions, which you have largely not responded to.

Maybe take a break from the problem and from this discussion, and come back and read the discussion from the start with fresh eyes.

Good luck. :)

On 11/25/2018 at 8:16 AM, L. Spiro said:

PS: Have you removed the call to memset() yet?

Yes. I have removed the memset. I am getting the same results. I have had it commented out the whole time. But now, I have completely deleted it. It is gone.

I get, now 1/3 - 1/4 of a minimap.

Is there any way that I could do something to substitute for the memset function?

On 11/25/2018 at 2:12 AM, Alberth said:

You may want to read about the Dunning-Kruger effect. I think you're affected by it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

You don't have to tell us, but please be totally honest with yourself about it. It can only lead to a better you.

:( 

On second thought, don't trouble yourselves. I am going to another website. 

13 minutes ago, rjhwinner03 said:

On second thought, don't trouble yourselves. I am going to another website. 

I thought that was a bit harsh myself. But at its core, the Dunning-Kruger effect simply means a person  overestimates their skill level until they reach some proficiency.

You're being overprotective of your code however. Nobody wants your code. Nobody cares what license you use for your code. It seems like you've spent a lot of time on this memset error that could have been better used instead of worrying over some beginner code being "stolen".