animation from XCOM2

Started by
2 comments, last by Kryzon 5 years, 6 months ago

Hello, everyone. I am the beginner in this website. Don't hit me if I make a mistake. Maybe I 've posted this question at the wrong place. 

Who does know, where were produced animations from XCOM2 I meant program like 3ds Max/Maya/Blender something else???

What was the main program?

Or all staff of animation was produced in different software? 

Also, I would like to know how was produced system of animation, structure.  I need a full describing it.  Articles or something else. 

Please tell me if someone knows.  I 've found this article but it's not enough.  

I do not know correct I am or not that have written this post here. Could you give a hint where can I get information about production XCOM2? Thank you in advance.   

Advertisement

Its hard to say what the development tools were without having worked on it. 
What do you need the info for? If it's for modding all the information you need is in the link you shared.

It's unlikely they worked with Blender if FBX is their main export format, so my bets are on either Maya or 3ds Max. The industry standard for animation itself (strictly animation) is Maya. Both softwares are by Autodesk, which is also the company that is in charge of the FBX format, so it's likely it's one of those, even more likely Maya if you're talking about just the animations.

I'm not sure what you mean by how their animation system was produced or structured. 

That article you linked to clearly mentions using 3ds max for modeling and animations.

Edit: and it also says Firaxis (I'm assuming it's the makers of XCOM2) probably used Maya.

3ds, Maya, Blender, these are all great packages and you'd be good picking any of them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement