Heli project

Started by
6 comments, last by Jozin 5 years ago

Here is my game project from 2016. Being just a simple helicopter/environment sim it features its own engine also written by me, but I've desided to give it another shot, may be transform it to full 3d game, maybe port it all to unreal engine.  Any feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated

Close look including dynamic clouds and rain

Volumetric clouds test

Jeronimo!

Advertisement

Water shader in progress

1401605023_Screenshotter--Heliengine2016091921Dynamicweathertest2.thumb.jpg.7186248bc3f9f0fbefe50615d66ed9c2.jpg

Jeronimo!

Looks cool. Why do you want to port it to unreal? Does it have any collision / physics? I wasn't sure from the video.

Hey dude, strange things happen. The engine was originally written with ManagedDX with sm3.0 (dx9) and uses alot of raytracing/screen space stuff, I've planned to port it on SharpDX and dx12 but it seems it not in active development at this moment.

For me there is only 2 viable options: 1) rewrite it to C++ and 2) modify other engine to fit the needs just like UE but wait.. there is 3rd option: leave it all as is and do make the damn game))

Relating to you second question: yes there is some simple collision detection/ helicopter physics

Jeronimo!

If it were me I'd probably port it, and then make it a game.  I hate using legacy stuff and I'm pretty good with C++.  But of course it's your call. I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend on it and how much you like programming in C++.

Thanks for your feedback but I recall to mention one interesting fact: the engine was especially made for heli/flight sim and doesn't (at the moment) expose features like face animation, sss shaders etc.  On the other side it can handle very large spaces via megatextures-like approach. But this time I want to make a fps game and not likely it will demand a lot of space to explore, so now it's more crucial to produce some hq 3d assets in corridor-like environment, that's because I've started to learn zbrush and substance painter)). In all the cases the stuff I'm going to produce will be placed here or on the project page.

Jeronimo!

Bee cargo vehicle ear ly concept, more at https://www.artstation.com/contests/nvidia-metropia-2042/challenges/60/submissions/43131

untitled.32.png

untitled.36.png

untitled.39.png

Jeronimo!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement