AIMBOT prevention

Started by
4 comments, last by BeerNutts 5 years, 4 months ago

Ok am not an game developer but I really got annoying when a player uses aimbot and no way as a player to do a thing. Im graduated as electronic technician and I study the nand.

This guy can be implemented on our game program as a protection in case of cheating.  The objective of a cheater is for example 7, 10, 15, kills on a row but what if the player install a nand program and instead of the cheater kill he automatically dies....."wtf" he will be confuse.  What about a nand program.  If the player suspects cheating or server admin then you will apply the cheater the medicine and he will eventually goes.

Thanks

Samuel Aponte 

nand.gif

Advertisement

What if the player doesn't install a nand program?

I think the real problem with what you are proposing here is that the operation to find the cheater has a lot more outputs than 1 or 0.

In some game systems it can be difficult to determine if a player is a cheater or just very very good. ;)

Trying to detect cheating programs on the client is, in the end, quite hard, because the cheater controls the system the cheat is running on. Various cheat systems will map the memory of the game process, and patch it in-place to install the cheats, so there's no trace of any injected DLL. And, because the process is patched, it can't successfully check for other files or programs or processes or DLLs on the system, because those calls can be intercepted by the patch.

The extreme end of this is using virtual machines, or even hardware loopback. It's pretty common to build robot arms and cameras the read the screen of a Tetris game and plays it -- nothing is amiss from the point of view of the computer the game is running on!

A more robust way to detect cheaters is to use a multitude of signals -- social signals (reports,) outcome signals (hit/miss ratios,) response to slight changes in algorithms, and so forth. Then, use matchmaking to make people who play the same, play together. If this ends up putting cheaters in a group of players for themselves, that's great! If it means that cheaters and "pro" gamers end up playing against each other, then that's still not so bad, because the cheaters will fail hard once they get invited to a tournament :-)

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
On 11/18/2018 at 10:46 AM, Samuel Aponte Sustache said:

Ok am not an game developer but I really got annoying when a player uses aimbot and no way as a player to do a thing. Im graduated as electronic technician and I study the nand.

I wasn't supposed to, but I Lol'd.

My Gamedev Journal: 2D Game Making, the Easy Way

---(Old Blog, still has good info): 2dGameMaking
-----
"No one ever posts on that message board; it's too crowded." - Yoga Berra (sorta)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement