[WIP-Metroidvania] Slap of God-Single developer

Started by
16 comments, last by taoprox 5 years, 2 months ago

Hi folks,

My name is Aydin. For a while, i'm developing a game by myself. My profession is actually illustration and animation. I'm just learning coding. So I have no idea how long the process will take. But I'm sure I can finish it. 

The main theme is the mysterious events that emerged in the 15th century Ottoman Empire. ( Yeg (Baba Yaga), gulyabani (ghoul), itbarak(werewolf), vampires, zombies and witches emerging in Constantiniye (aka İstanbul) etc.) 

You can review a 20-second preview at the link below.

I am aware that there is not enough data to evaluate it yet.But, i'm glad to hear that what you're thinking about the first look and the idea.

hamam.jpg

yerebatan.jpg

istanbul.jpg

Advertisement

I need a little reaction. Looking forward to it :)

I personally like the art design. :) Looks cool! :)

Only criticism I would give is that your animations cycle too fast. The arms need additional frames (unless they already exist but cycle too quick), and the resting pose should be slower.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Yeah, echoing what @Rutin said.  I like the art and style very much.

It looks like some of the animations / movements are about twice as fast as I would expect/find appealing.

1 hour ago, Rutin said:

I personally like the art design. :) Looks cool! :)

Only criticism I would give is that your animations cycle too fast. The arms need additional frames (unless they already exist but cycle too quick), and the resting pose should be slower.

45 minutes ago, Septopus said:

Yeah, echoing what @Rutin said.  I like the art and style very much.

It looks like some of the animations / movements are about twice as fast as I would expect/find appealing.

When look at the same object all the time, your not become aware of mistakes. That's why a different perspective is needed.

I've focused on the mechanics of the game right now. When i eliminating my insufficient issues, i will spend more time on visualization and animations.

Also I would like to learn your ideas about the place and culture (constantinople and turks) chosen for the game.

Thank you guys. Your feedback is very important to me. 

7 hours ago, Aydin Kerimoglu said:

Also I would like to learn your ideas about the place and culture (constantinople and turks) chosen for the game.

I think it gives the game an interesting feel/story that people don't see very often.  Especially in vampire/werewolf monster type games. ;)  I think it's a nice touch.  You're obviously an artist/story-teller.  Make sure you give a little background to the place/culture in the game introduction, some folks might not know the original stories that created these monsters very well.

It's the art and story where "developers" tend to get hung up, so I think you'll be just fine where all of that is concerned.  :D

21 hours ago, Septopus said:

I think it gives the game an interesting feel/story that people don't see very often.  Especially in vampire/werewolf monster type games. ;)  I think it's a nice touch.  You're obviously an artist/story-teller.  Make sure you give a little background to the place/culture in the game introduction, some folks might not know the original stories that created these monsters very well.

It's the art and story where "developers" tend to get hung up, so I think you'll be just fine where all of that is concerned.  :D

It motivating to hear that the game has the potential to attract the attention of someone interested in this genre. Basically, I've got two games for reference. Legacy of Kain and Assasin Creed-Revelation. Istanbul(Constantinople), The mystery and mythological stories are untold city enough.  Because it is also a multicultural city in the 15th century, it will allow me to include different ethnicities in the game. I think, I got something. Can't wait to share new developments.

Thank you for the exchange of ideas.

this is pretty awesome, besides everything, add some music, so far its coming out real cool 

15 hours ago, xic777 said:

this is pretty awesome, besides everything, add some music, so far its coming out real cool 

Thank you. I have a few ideas for music and sounc effects. I'm just making childish beatbox for now. :) I have a search for an expert who can synthesize ideas in my mind. But I will leave the music and effects to the final stage of the project. 

The development of a few enemy characters and dialogue system (I haven't designed interface yet.)

b1.gif

g1.gif

t1.gif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement