first game ever made

Started by
7 comments, last by xic777 5 years, 4 months ago

I did all the art and my freind did the codiing, tell what could have been done better and other crits aswell

https://gamejolt.com/games/pyroboy/380100

Advertisement

needs more art. feels like a lot of empty space or lacking background activity judging from the screen shots.

yh but the programmer  didnt know the size for a background, we got a good bit going on ya should try it out not just judge by screenshots man 

anybody here that can give some REAL critique  

I played your game for a little bit.

I like the design of the main character. It looks like all sorts of cool gadgets and abilities can sprout forth from his suit. The game runs smooth and the character movement feels pretty good. I like his walking animation too.

As far as a constructive criticism goes... there's no real feedback for when an enemy gets hit or when your character gets hit. Unfortunately, the lack of feedback kept me from enjoying the game and wanting to play it more. Death animations would be nice too.

All in all though, it's pretty good for a first effort.

22 hours ago, Guy Fleegman said:

I played your game for a little bit.

I like the design of the main character. It looks like all sorts of cool gadgets and abilities can sprout forth from his suit. The game runs smooth and the character movement feels pretty good. I like his walking animation too.

As far as a constructive criticism goes... there's no real feedback for when an enemy gets hit or when your character gets hit. Unfortunately, the lack of feedback kept me from enjoying the game and wanting to play it more. Death animations would be nice too.

All in all though, it's pretty good for a first effort.

thanks alot man i'll make sure to add that in for the next project, don''t know how i missed that,  very true feed back would have been awesome again thanks for check it out, all the critique i get i actually write them down in my book so i could use, want to make sure the next one goes real super fun even though im very new at this 

5 hours ago, xic777 said:

thanks alot man i'll make sure to add that in for the next project, don''t know how i missed that,  very true feed back would have been awesome again thanks for check it out, all the critique i get i actually write them down in my book so i could use, want to make sure the next one goes real super fun even though im very new at this 

You're welcome. Having a game design diary is brilliant, by the way.

I'm new to game making too... so seeing your game is very inspirational to me. Thanks for sharing.

thanks alot man  means a ton,  i hope not to make the same mistakes for the next one  and add in the flavour i was missing in there cuz if i don't i'll be making the same repetive mistake 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement