• Advertisement
MiniDarkOF

C# Simulate The "No Man's Sky Effect"

11 hours ago, Gnollrunner said:

Wow cool! Do you know if it's height mapped or is it fully voxelated with caves and stuff?

It's height-mapped. They've been focussing on the gameplay, networking, and UI the last couple of years, so the planet tech hasn't really moved from the last few journal posts here. Still gorgeous though.

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, swiftcoder said:

It's height-mapped. They've been focussing on the gameplay, networking, and UI the last couple of years, so the planet tech hasn't really moved from the last few journal posts here. Still gorgeous though.

Yeah I agree. It does look great indeed! In my case I'm going to focus more on detailing a single planet for now.  I'd like to do trees and rivers in particular. However I love seeing this stuff move forward on all fronts. Thanks for sharing.

8 hours ago, swiftcoder said:

I love this. The game 76-ed the whole of gaming community back when it was released (ultimately the tech being at the forefront of the backlash). And now we're discussing it as an aspirational goal of sorts.

That being said, I'm both impressed and glad that they've actually come this far. Despite being conflicted about what really happened behind the veneer.

17 hours ago, Awoken said:

oh... do tell?  

Oh, I'm sorry if I left the impression that I have the answer :). It was just an assumption that things went haywire behind the scenes. I don't know what happened or what the reason for this kerfuffle might be.