Advertisement Jump to content
SS21

Advice which should i select first

there are many options in front of me to select like

1)-unreal engine
2)-game with js
3)-c++
 in these three which should i do first and if there is anyting new anyone wanted to suggest then please feel free to do it 

Advertisement

You should say more about yourself. Who are you?

Are you a game developer?
Are you a programmer?
Are you a web developer?
Are you an artist?
Are you a student?
Are you a bus driver?

You will have different options depending on who you are. What is best for an experienced programmer is not the best for hobbyist programmer, or a student, or a writer, and so on.

sorry about that 
i am a student and i am new in game development and i have interest in this field so wanted to know

I agree with 1024 that more info might be useful (for example what platforms you want to target). But, I'll go ahead and say that of the options you listed, I think option 2 (JS) may have the lowest barrier to entry. That's subjective of course, and others may disagree. But, I do think in-browser development using JS can be a reasonable starting point, and you can always branch out to other libraries/platforms/languages as you progress.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!