• Advertisement
TheMode

Multiplayer arena fight (and a game engine)

Before starting: I'm looking for a Java developer who want to help me improving my game engine and then, create a game that I will describe 

My goal is to create a "fight arena" multiplayer game similar to xblaster (only how they managed arena, I do not want robot stuff) 

For people who do not know this game, let me explain how I'm inspired by it

You log in the game, you can enter an arena at any time, in the arena, there are 4 portals where you can go and enter another arena, there can be a maximum of 4players in the same arena, they have to fight each other in order to get money to improve their characters. 

I won't describe it any longer, I've much more ideas about the game. 

I already done the server architecture, I have a Game Engine (the client side), but there are still things to do on it, that's why I'm looking for another developer to help me if the game also look interesting for you

Here the version of the engine:

https://github.com/TheMode911/ProneusEngineV2/blob/master/src/main/java/fr/proneus/engine/demo/DemoState.java

Discord: TheMode#3487

Edited by TheMode

Advertisement

Hello,

What was the reason behind starting a new game engine for your game vs using an existing one?

What are the selling points or advanced features planned for your game engine?

1 hour ago, Vaclav said:

Hello,

What was the reason behind starting a new game engine for your game vs using an existing one?

What are the selling points or advanced features planned for your game engine?

The goal is to have a simple and lightweight game framework

Simple means something similar to slick2D (but with modern opengl)

At the moment, if you ask someone which game framework should we use in java, the answer will be "libgdx" except that most games do not need like 90% of the features, and require opengl understanding, and in my opinion, too difficult to make beginner want to make games, it is really personnal, but I do not like libgdx, that's why I want to make my own

So, I do not have "advanced features" planned, libgdx is already doing the job, I want something simple, make the programmer think about the game and not about how creating it, java is a high level language

Anyway, the main purpose of this topic is to present the game I want to make, the engine is only a part, if someone is interested but want to make it using another engine, I can think about it

I'm interested only in the engine. I like the idea, I was thinking about something like a Flixel port to Java. I will take a look.

11 minutes ago, Vaclav said:

I'm interested only in the engine. I like the idea, I was thinking about something like a Flixel port to Java. I will take a look.

I just saw some examples of games made with flixel, and yes, it is exactly what I'm trying to achieve with mine