[C#] When compiling on Visual Studio 2017 (windows) How do you do a "Release Build"

Started by
1 comment, last by Endurion 5 years, 4 months ago

G'Day... so I have finished my 1st application.. nothing fancy but I think I am doing ok for a guy that started a week ago. I would like to compile this as a "release" version to send to my mates and place as a download link on my Blog.. but I just wanted to make sure I was doing everythign correctly.

I change the Drop Down Menu on the top car to RELEASE and ANY CPU... I then just the start button. I end up with three files... .exe / .config / .pdb Are all those files needed? Or do I just send people the exe and that is it.. or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks!

: GameDev.Net Blog: Open Blog; Read Blog : My uTube Chans : TragicTableTopTragicDeskTop
Advertisement

You need all files from the bin release folder, that are .exe and .dll. 

If you have settings in your app.config file you'll also need the .exe.config file. 

The .pdb files are debug symbols, which are not required to run the application. They might help on debugging though.

Obviously if you've open other external files those need to be copied as well.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement