Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Subtyven

Orange Instinct - My first Web Game

Recommended Posts

Hello, i wanted to share my new project which i'm very proud.

You can directly try it here: https://orange.stevenclain.fr/ (choose Play Beta->Offline if you don't want to create an account).

As you can see it's a very simple game, just use your mouse 😄

Feel free to say what you want :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
14 minutes ago, lawnjelly said:

It worked but I the orange seemed to just jump all over the place, I couldn't work out how to direct it with mouse? :D  

It's your mission to find how to control the orange 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Subtyven said:

It's your mission to find how to control the orange 😄

Ah now you've said that .. I've worked it out I think, it's like you are batting the orange from the direction you click with the mouse, doh! :) 

Okay I got to level 4, and it got impossible lol. It is very difficult, one thing is that because you can only click below the floor a certain amount you have to 'get it going' in the air before you can get it to go very high. Maybe for difficulty settings you could affect how fast the orange moves?

Edited by lawnjelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lawnjelly said:

Ah now you've said that .. I've worked it out I think, it's like you are batting the orange from the direction you click with the mouse, doh! :) 

Okay I got to level 4, and it got impossible lol. It is very difficult, one thing is that because you can only click below the floor a certain amount you have to 'get it going' in the air before you can get it to go very high. Maybe for difficulty settings you could affect how fast the orange moves?

For the moment i prefer to keep this game as a little challenging game which award the best players. A more complete version could be created in the future, but may be i forgot to mention that it's just a student project :)

Anyway trust me the first 20 levels are not that hard.

Edited by Subtyven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, Subtyven. Is there code that regulates the speed of the game? It's got a pretty neat game-play mechanic, but I find it's just chaotically fast when trying to get the orange into a little gap. Still, it's a fun little physics game. Good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guy Fleegman said:

Hey, Subtyven. Is there code that regulates the speed of the game? It's got a pretty neat game-play mechanic, but I find it's just chaotically fast when trying to get the orange into a little gap. Still, it's a fun little physics game. Good job!

Hi, thank's for feedback. You have to understand that more you are close to the ball, less your next shot will have power :). that's how you control it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Subtyven said:

Hi, thank's for feedback. You have to understand that more you are close to the ball, less your next shot will have power :). that's how you control it.

Got it now. Thanks.

I couldn't get past the 4th level, but it's still a cool little game.

If you ever make a difficulty setting, you should make it scale through different types of fruit. Like, easy can be a banana or something. 😉

Thanks for sharing your game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!