• Advertisement
Brain

Project screenshots are mutilated :(

Hi

Any screenshots uploaded to the projects sections are mutilated by the forum software when shown on mobile.

Please see attached. I am accessing the site over wi-fi and know there is no data saver or such munging the pictures. 

It happens for all projects. Can this please be fixed?

Thanks!imageproxy.php?img=&key=2aa9ad0c79a985be

PS these are PNG images and are showing jpeg artifacts so I know something in the software has changed the format and scales them down too far. Hope this helps!

Screenshot_20190102-124340.png

Advertisement

I'm looking at how to better handle this. Perhaps there is a nice way to handle layout on mobile while keeping the low res for bandwidth.

Just pushed an update to make this better. It's a fine balance between quality and the amount of data being transferred.

Also fixed a few other bugs that have been plaguing Projects.

@Septopus I'm not sure why some of your gallery images aren't fully showing on the Project page. I think they're supposed to be gifs, but maybe weren't fully processed and are missing thumbnails? I may just implement a workaround for now so you don't get the ugly blank white image box.

Edit: Updated with the workaround.

Awesome, yeah they were either gifs or videos, I switched to vids for a bit trying to see if it was just my overly voluptuous .gifs causing problems and then starting having issues with anything "moving" haha.   Until things started generating actual error messages I was still somehow convinced I was just abusing the format(s), I still probably am but I'm working on it. ;)

Thank you @khawk