• Advertisement
NikitaSadkov

Exluding Country from Using Software

jbadams

GameDev.net does not condone discriminatory behaviour or illegal activities.

Message added by jbadams

Hi, folks!

As you know, I have a huge personal problem with Russians. So it is obvious, I want to exclude Russians from getting The Spell of Mastery and my other programs. A political statement if you will. But what is the best way to achieve it?

Guess stating openly "sorry, we don't serve Russians" will not work, because many countries have some commie anti-discrimination laws. But will saying "Unfortunately this software doesn't currently work in Russian Federation. We work hard to fix the issue." do the trick?

Then we also have problem with Russians, who downloaded software illegally. My idea is to include harmful code into program, which, when detects Russian locale or Internet address, starts sneakily damaging files under user's home directory (or maybe even download child pron there and call cops?). That should scare Russians enough to stop downloading it illegally, even if pirates promised to break the protection, because pirates can never guarantee that all protection checks were removed - they don't analyze whole hay stack, just look for the known needles.

Now if these Russians start complaining about lost data, I can just shift blame to software pirates or viruses, and claim that it were crackers who included harmful code (many of them do it anyway). And because license doesn't allow disassembling the executable, there is no legal way to prove that is my work.

What do you think?

Advertisement
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, lawnjelly said:

Have you thought about therapy? :) 

Actually, Russians committed me into psychiatric institution when I was 8 years old. I was treated with Haloperidol and a lot of other heavy anti-psychotics at that age. Later I was again involuntarily committed into insane asylum for breaking these Russian "hate speech" laws, after making a social network post saying that "Russians are not even human beings". Yet that haven't made me to love Russians. Guess why?

Edited by NikitaSadkov

12 minutes ago, NikitaSadkov said:

Actually, Russians committed me into psychiatric institution when I was 8 years old.

Well, let's see now ......... Among other things, you claimed to have burned at least one hamster alive and half smothered and then sexually assaulted a restrained Jewish psychiatric patient just because he was Jewish. Mabye the Russians saw it coming.

Frankly I'm not sure why someone so openly anti-Semitic is allowed on this site, but then it's not my site.

2 minutes ago, Gnollrunner said:

Well, let's see now ......... Among other things, you claimed to have burned at least one hamster alive and half smothered and then sexually assaulted a restrained Jewish psychiatric patient just because he was Jewish. Mabye the Russians saw it coming.

Frankly I'm not sure why someone so openly anti-Semitic is allowed on this site, but then it's not my site.

You're accusing me of something I haven't done. Are you a Russian?