Crowdfunding project from non supported countries, and taxes

Started by
3 comments, last by frob 5 years, 3 months ago

Im thinking about crowdfunding a project, but most platforms have a limited set of officially supported countries. So, the solution is to use a proxy in some country like USA, but then there is the issue of taxes. Whats the better solution to avoid the taxes taking most of the crowdfunded money? After some research I found that creating an LLC in USA is a good way to avoid the money being taxed as personal income, but then found that LLCs have to pay taxes even when they are not generating income (lets say, during project development). Can somebody illustrate me about this topic and possible solutions?

Advertisement

Taxes are critically important to get right.  Tax law varies by your location on the globe

Since tax problems can have enormous repercussions, including large fines and prison time, you should talk to a local accountant or tax lawyer who knows the laws where you live.

So, I better consider at least a 30% tax from the beginning...

I don't know. As I wrote, it is a regional thing.  If 30% is what your region charges for taxes on that type of thing, then yes, that's what to plan on.  But if your region has different tax rates or different reporting requirements, then those are what you should use.

You need to find yourself a local accountant, tax lawyer, business lawyer, or similar person who knows what your local requirements are.

While some things in business can have a bit of wiggle room, taxes are an area where governments are extremely strict.  Errors can result in large fines, and major errors can result in prison time.  Taxes are something to take seriously, and get help from real life local professionals.

There are probably local government tax offices or similar that can give you free guidance for your local policy in general terms. Specific advice where people look at your business details usually requires spending some money.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement