• Advertisement
starforce2005

Does P2P subject to CCU other than the matchmaking part?

After a P2P game has established, does the player in the game count towards CCU? Or does CCU just apply when they are matchmaking?

Advertisement

There is no industry standard for "CCU of a game."

For the matchmaking server, a measurement of "matchmaking CCU" would only count players waiting for matching.

For the game overall, for market sizing purposes, "game CCU" would presumably count every currently active player.

19 minutes ago, hplus0603 said:

There is no industry standard for "CCU of a game."

For the matchmaking server, a measurement of "matchmaking CCU" would only count players waiting for matching.

For the game overall, for market sizing purposes, "game CCU" would presumably count every currently active player.

I see,thanks for your anwser. I'm looking for a multiplayer framework for my small game, most engine has CCU limit, since i can't afford to pay at a higher CCU limit, my game was a party game anyways, so i was wondering if in a p2p enviroment would it break the limit.

By the way do you have any suggestion for a framework that all i need is a small party game.

How CCUs are calculated depends entirely on the service provider in question.

For a small party game, try using Steamworks (for PC/Mac/Linux,) Google Play Services (for Android) or iTunes Game Center (for iOS.)