• Advertisement
Tara Louise

MMORPG Brilliant Game Idea.

This idea sounds a bit like Second Life (although I don't know much about Second Life other than reading its Wikipedia page)

However, an "everything game" is usually not a brilliant idea, it just seems like it in theory.

Advertisement
21 minutes ago, 1024 said:

However, an "everything game" is usually not a brilliant idea, it just seems like it in theory.

This is because an "everything game" is the complete antithesis of the commonly held best practice "find the fun in the game and incrementally improve it", which by its nature involves identifying one or two fun mechanics in the game. If you're trying to do everything by its very nature incremental advancement is impossible to do properly.

Im sorry but such a vague idea is hardly brilliant. Brilliance is finding something unique and make it work. Often something simple but that stands out or work better than something else that already exists. Your "idea" comes off as just saying "put all game ideas into one super large game. So all players will like the game since all players like SOME kind of game".

Compare to:
Many players like call of duty
Many players like fifa18

Now make a game that includes the machanics of both in the same game. You will double your player base!
In theory that could work. In reality that is a VERY bad idea. Games needs to be polished and work well. Add to much different stuff and you'll just end up with lots of boring or half-completed pieces of the puzzle.

We dream in theory. We make games in reality :) (sadly!) 

Edited by suliman

On 1/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, 1024 said:

This idea sounds a bit like Second Life

For many this idea is actual life. Quests like fishing and bowling etc... That's regular stuff that I can do in the most realistic sim of all... Reality. 

1 hour ago, Greedy Goblin said:

For many this idea is actual life. Quests like fishing and bowling etc... That's regular stuff that I can do in the most realistic sim of all... Reality. 

Yeah i play this game too. I'm quite addicted as i've been playing it for 38 years. It started off OK with lots of fun quests, but now they have introduced lots of grindy quests such as that repeatable one called 'career'...

32 minutes ago, Brain said:

lots of grindy quests such as that repeatable one called 'career'...

Oh god yeah, that one is a real drag. Totally ruins the balance of the game IMO. Replayability rating of zero from me! 😂