• Advertisement
_WeirdCat_

Pathfinding??

Not quite sure how to name the topic.

Heres what i have a 2D rect that defines movable area, and set of 2D rects that define obstacles Now i would like to find a safe passage from point A to B.

I can't pit that into 2D grid, its a math problem i either use points or planes to define obstacles.

Any references or ideas?

IMG_20190121_105511.jpg

Advertisement
11 minutes ago, _WeirdCat_ said:

I can't pit that into 2D grid, its a math problem i either use points or planes to define obstacles.

I would use BSP tree or motorcycle graph to divide the area into convex polygons (or rectangles), and then use standard Dijkstra / A* pathfinding algorithm on the resulting graph, and finally smooth the path if necessary.

Edit: Motorcycle graph can be built in almost linear time if you use a regular grid as acceleration structure (In case you need it to be fast. Otherwise BSP is a bit easier to do.)

Edited by JoeJ

Actually all i need is to define clear pathways as separated rects.

I failed to imagine that thats why i asked.

So thebquestion should be how to define a movable worksapce here