• Advertisement
DavveTheGamer

Source Control for Indie developers?

My team and I would need a source control solution for a developing needs. The only thing we need it for is for sharing and merging the Unreal Engine Project.

Here are my requirements:

-Free

-Easy to use

-No server needed on own computer

-Should work for about 8 people.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks :)

Advertisement

But dont you need another kind of software as well except for github? And github is only free for 3 people i think.

Edited by DavveTheGamer

Yeah, dunno the specifics.  Gonna be hard to find a completely free "team" capable solution if you don't want to host it yourself though.

Edited by Septopus

Yup, within free you only get 3 collaborators.  You could open the source with a restrictive license and just only accept code changes from members of your team...  I'm pretty sure you could use github free however you liked with a public repo in that scenario.

"Public" means anyone on the internet can access your source code.

"Private" means you have to manually give each person permissions before they can access it.

Edited by Nypyren