Please remove the facebook link next to the scroll bar

Started by
12 comments, last by jbadams 5 years, 2 months ago

Please remove the facebook link next to the scroll bar.

Each time i miss the scrollbar i go to facebook by accident.

Why do you need money so bad that you implement this terror ?

Advertisement

aha, the huge FB games ads... lol..  I initially replied wondering what you were talking about, apparently I've mentally blocked them out. 

Maybe your mouse is in need of a cleaning?  When my miss-rate increases, that usually helps.. Depends on the mouse type though. ;)

But, uh, the ads, they're probably not going anywhere as they help keep this site online.  :D  It does cost money to run a forum afterall(free or otherwise).

23 hours ago, Sound Master said:

Why do you need money so bad that you implement this terror ?

As @Septopus mentioned, ads sustain the site. We do offer a $3 per month subscription that removes all ads and adds other benefits to your profile in support for the platform.

Regarding this particular ad, I've been told it has some time to go before it's done. The best way to speed up that process is to get more people to visit GameDev.net on a regular basis. :) 

Having said that, the mouse clicking around the ad is sensitive, and I've had trouble getting it to work "right". If anyone wants to help me patch up that javascript I'm open to suggestions!

Admin for GameDev.net.

Just make another scrollbar size dead click zone.

I also have this when holding the mousebutton down.

You are checking if the mouse is down, you should check if a click occured on the add.

How else do you scroll if your mouse scroll button is gamed broken.

2 hours ago, Sound Master said:

You can buy a new mouse for under $10... Amazon has one for $7 with free shipping if you have Prime and live in a country that supports it...

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

4 hours ago, Sound Master said:

Have you tried the arrow keys or p.up/p.down keys?

If that doesn't work feed it cheese.  Mice love cheese.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement