Greetings from a new member and hobbyist mobile game developer!

Started by
6 comments, last by jbadams 5 years, 2 months ago

Hi everyone! I just joined recently and wanted to make a quick post to say hi. I'm a hobbyist with a background in software development -- I've completed a few game jams and have been working on a small casual-ish iOS game for the past few months, mainly to learn the ropes of actually finishing and releasing a game on the App Store. (I have ambitions of eventually making an RPG with a larger scope, but want to work my way up to it with a few smaller games first.)

Any other hobbyists and/or mobile game developers out there? What are you guys currently working on? Any recommendations for cool stuff to check out around this site? Thanks and feel free to share!

Hobbyist Game Developer • Dev BlogTwitter

Advertisement

Hi devharts, I think you'll find dev website is a great resource for all kinds of projects, and there are walking encyclopedias of knowledge on here eg Hodgman. Is that the Apple App store you're aiming at? I wonder what the restrictions are for doing that. Out of interest what sort of game for iOS?

Anyway, hi to you.

Hello, and welcome! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

@benjamin1441 Thanks for the response!! Yep it's the App store I'm aiming for -- I haven't released there before, so it'll be a learning experience going through the review process and everything. As for the game, it's a 2D SpriteKit game based around sort of a "bubble shooter" mechanic. (I'd originally intended for it to be small / simple enough to finish within a few months, though that's already stretching out a little longer than planned thanks to scope creep, heh.)

@jbadams Thanks for the warm welcome!! :D

Hobbyist Game Developer • Dev BlogTwitter

I haven't played bubble shooter, I think the nearest arcade game I've played that resembles it is space invaders, I had several different versions of that on my 8bit computer.

Hi guys. I recently joined the forum. I am a novice game developer. Pleasantly located here. I will be glad to communicate with you.

Hi Darrell!

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement