Mycelbang: a precursor. Does it look fun?

Started by
4 comments, last by mycelspawn 5 years, 2 months ago

Hello, I made a little project after laying low for many many years.

I have programmed in Pascal since the 80's (yeah old guy) so this was made by me in Free Pascal using ZenGL libraries.

Does it look fun? Crazy? Meaningless? A good start?

I did the main coding, art, music and sound effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzcxGzyCslk

Advertisement

I learned a lot of programming in various versions of pascal in the 90s!  You're the first I've heard mention it pretty much since then.  I always enjoyed programming in it though.  Looks like an early prototype of something, not sure what all is going on since there's no UI and the sprites aren't rotating or anything, but it looks like you have all the parts to make something entertaining. ;) 

Thanks @Septopus!

Yes, Pascal is really good for learning programming!

I can imagine it is not too popular for game projects as C-variations dominate, which is in line with your

statement that you haven't heard in a while of anyone making projects in Pascal.

I will try to migrate the project to C++ or C# as soon as i get a hang of those languages.

And yes, it is a prototype and it will end up as a space-JRPG-thing (!) if I get my plans realized.

It looks like a good start, but also rather plain.

I think a good starting point for improvement would be some animation on the characters, especially when new enemies enter the battlefield.

Yes, it sure is plain :) but thanks for your positive stance!

I will animate the sprites soon, but there are some processes under the hood that require attention.

Atm, the loading of resources, being essential for animations and all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement