I want to set up a team to build a medieval online RTS game!

Started by
1 comment, last by Vollkrasser 5 years, 2 months ago

Hey Everyone,

I want to set up a team to start building our own version of a massive online RTS game like "Foxhole" set in a medieval setting.
My suggestion is to build this with Unreal Engine 4.

For this, I need programmers and 3d artists.

Areas of expertise needed:
-Map/terrain building
-Character models and animations
-Structure models
-Siege engine models
-Melee and ranged combat mechanics
-Resource gathering and distribution system

I have very limited programming/coding experience myself,only having used game maker studio for a short period.
However I have some great ideas and want to see them realised with other motivated game developers.

Does this sound like a cool idea to you and you have some spare time you want to spend to setting up this project? Then please feel free to leave a comment on this post. You may also share your ideas/opinions. 

You can also send me a PM and I will respond in due time.

Note: I am living in the Netherlands, Europe. So keep in mind the timezones.

Cheers,

Max

Advertisement

This is too much work to be realisticly done with a hobby team lead by an unexperienced idea guy. At least you have to provide basic assets (2d, 3d, blueprints from the Unreal marketplace and so on), GDD and budget for working source control (=Perforce, not crappy free solutions like GitHub).

So I suggest you do the basics first, then come back with a confincing plan of what you like to get done and how. Anything else is just listing up dreams euphorically.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement