• Advertisement
Esteban5XG

Project BlockchainZ [Available on itch.io]

[BzLog 8]: Weapons everywhere!

Sometimes happens. You feel like the most incredible hero around the world ready to command your troops against the hordes of zombies. This is something you are already feeling. Because deep inside of your heart, you know there is a leader capable to do whatever it takes to keep your people alive. And that's why Project BlockchainZ exists, to provide you the weapons and troops to save the world. But remember, we are just a concept game, so first we need you to save the bunker in order to save the world. This bloody bunker is crowded of helpless people, desperate to survive, and you are their last hope. Be a soldier, be a captain, be a hero, be a damn zombie killer! No matter how you name yourself, just shoot them all! 

And please, don't let them hurt you.

giphy.gif       

As a leader, you have the responsibility to command your troops and arrange the soldiers. Every single order matters. Do your strategy, do it quickly and do it for your people. Get ready for the worst enemy in the whole world: zombies. And use all the weapons at your dispossal. Everything counts.

Your bloody weapons

• Gun. Very agile and really useful when you have no riffle ammo.
  • Rifle. Your beloved weapon right now. Aim, shoot and reload!
  • Shotgun. Wanna kill zombies cooler?  We've just included this weapon because you deserve it and zombies too.
  • Grenades. Zombies are everywhere! Just throw it out and see what happens.

Project BlockchainZ - shotgun

Project BlockchainZ - Grenades

Make your weapons destroyer: use Bz Ammo

Because we know you are in the middle of the battle and zombies are getting closer, you can use a better ammo to kill them all: BlockchainZ Ammo, aka Bz Ammo. You gotta spoil it from the raiders supply depot. 

Project Blockchainz - Bz Ammo

Remember the Bullet Time? Enjoy (guiño)

Project BlcockhainZ - Bullet Time

Weapons in the future

Right now, we are thinking of new weapons to be included in the game. Something to throw grenades farther (does anybody say bazooka?), but not extremely powerful to kill zombies, because of the game balance. Remember that for now this is a scifi video game and we are still discussing the lore behind and so the graphics. That means we are open to new ideas. If anybody has an idea about a new kind of weapon, just let us know! You can comment here and talk about it in our Discord Server. Feel free to participate, this blank canvas game will be awesome thanks to you!

Project BlockchainZ - Discord

Advertisement

I had a chance to play your game.  I recorded my playthrough, my recording program really didn't want to keep all the frames though:

- The 3rd person shoot mechanics are all very solid.  The guns feel good, the aiming feels good, the zombies don't feel too "bullet spongy"

- My squad mates make a real difference

- I like the dynamic overworld and the ability to choose different actions

- This game really struggled on my laptop.  I don't have the most powerful of machines.

- It would be nice to have a click and drag to select multiple platoons (Starcraft style)

- I tried to give orders to my squad, but I couldn't get it to work (3:20)

- There is a lot of information dumped right at the beginning of the level.  It would have been nice to spread it out a little bit.

Overall I think this has a lot of potential.  I'm not normally a fan of "Tower Defense" games, but Blockchain Z add enough fresh ideas that I'm willing to give it a try.

2 hours ago, jbarrios said:

I had a chance to play your game.  I recorded my playthrough, my recording program really didn't want to keep all the frames though:

- The 3rd person shoot mechanics are all very solid.  The guns feel good, the aiming feels good, the zombies don't feel too "bullet spongy"

- My squad mates make a real difference

- I like the dynamic overworld and the ability to choose different actions

- This game really struggled on my laptop.  I don't have the most powerful of machines.

- It would be nice to have a click and drag to select multiple platoons (Starcraft style)

- I tried to give orders to my squad, but I couldn't get it to work (3:20)

- There is a lot of information dumped right at the beginning of the level.  It would have been nice to spread it out a little bit.

Overall I think this has a lot of potential.  I'm not normally a fan of "Tower Defense" games, but Blockchain Z add enough fresh ideas that I'm willing to give it a try.

Hey man, you made our day! 

Thanks a lot for giving it a try. It's nice to have your feedback. Actually, this week we gonna upload a new patch with lots of improvements, so keep in touch, you rather play the new version ;)

BTW, "bullet spongy" zombies? lol

We will improve it, don't worry! hahaha

[BzLog 9]: Why BlockchainZ Ammo will save you from death?

People say the only way to kill a zombie is by shooting in its head. What if this is not an ordinary zombie? What if this creature is something... rare. And we mean something stranger than the original zombie concept. Because maybe you would need more than one bullet in its head to destroy this horrible enemy.

What if there's a better way to kill this damn creature? Something really rare to find in this shattered world but extremely useful to your purpose. Well... it already exists: it's called BlockchainZ Ammo, and there's only one place where you will find it.

Project BlockchainZ - Find Bz Storages

Bz Ammo, I choose you.

Project BlockchainZ - Bz Ammo

When the world has fallen by the zombie menace, people tried so hard to find a cure or something to fight with. As the cure never succeed, civilication created this special kind of ammo, which attacks directly to the zombie brain and erase it in a few seconds. Sounds really good, isn't it? The problem is that BlockchainZ Ammo was really difficult to create, so there's a limit amount of Bz Ammo. Who has it on his power? The blistering raiders.

Life in this ruined world is about surviving at all costs, and that means you must be the one who uses all Bz Ammo as possible to keep your people in safe. So, do not hesitate: go for the Bz Ammo, spoil it and kill all the raiders you have to. Otherwise, zombies will arrive to your bunker and kill your people. There's nothing worse than living in a empty and hopeless place. Save the bunker, save the world.

Why Bz Ammo is so cool?

• It gives you the chance to kill much more zombies in less time.
  • You can kill zombies with just one shoot. (But not the big ones, they need a little bit more bullets).
  • It helps you reducing the stress that comes to you when you are trapped by a bunch of enemies.
  • It improves your strategy. You can prioritize your targets. Big zombies first!
  • You can combine Bz Ammo with Bullet Time Skill. And enjoy the pleasure of killing zombies.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Feel free to use Bz Ammo whenever you need to. Just a remind: zombies are coming. Your people's life depends on you. Don't waste the Bz Ammo. Every single bullet counts.

Did you use Bz Ammo? Let us know your experience, visit our Discord Server!

If you feel ready to save the bunker, and also save the world, let's join Project BlockchainZ!

thump_9886012available-on-itchio.png

[BzLog 10]: Future is now. concept Arts!

Hi all,

As you might know, Project BlockchainZ is a concept game and it works as a big blank canvas to create a much more interesting game. These days we've been working a lot in the concept of the environment and the city where the game take place.

Project BlockchainZ - Concept ArtSoldier in solitude

When we started developing the video game, we had the idea to create a huge city completely ruined by thousands of years of struggling. It would be a desolated scenario to play. We believe the city will improve the concept of the worldmap, and the player will experience what means to walk around a place devastated and crowded of terrible menaces. 

Project BlockchainZ - Concept ArtA huge city

One of the most important things about this city is to turn it into a interesting battlefield where the player has to survive, fight , hide, explore...

Project BlockchainZ - Concept Art

Ruined city

We're talking about a moment far in the future after of centuries of conflict when people have no hopes, no dreams, no food. And not only because of the nature's cruelty, but the human malice. This mega city will be strongly divided in factions and parties, and not only the zombie becomes a menace, but also those who are supposed to be on your side.

giphy.gif

We are working so hard in the identity of every faction. Confrontation among factions in a shattered world, a place to die, a battlefield. Seems like a pretty cool idea, it will be plenty of inhabitants, some enemies and others that might cooperate.      

One of the most important things we imagine about a post-apocalyptic world is to understand the desperation and also the complete desolation the few people alive could ever feel. It's our main purpose to create this devastated environment in order to enrich the idea of the  inhabitants. And we really want to develop it with you and all the community and of course share the improvements each week.

What do you think about this concepts?  How do you imagine each faction in this ruined world concept? Remember that we are still working on the zombie/monster idea, and we want to develop a new kind of creature that you might love. Anyway, don't forget to give us some feedback! All suggestion are welcome.

Wanna try to save the bunker? Let's download Project BlockchainZ

thump_9886221available-on-itchio.png

Feel free to participate in our Discord discussion!