Looking for new or experienced devs to collaborate on 3D Unity Tennis game!

Started by
9 comments, last by MobilityWins 4 years, 10 months ago

Hi all, I'd like to briefly introduce myself and a pet PC game project I've been nurturing over the years. If tennis or 3D sports games are your thing, please PM me here or on Discord @ kenBlade #2331

I'm a former IGF student game developer turned AAA game company associate producer and researcher, and I'm now working on a passion project full-time. Prior to this undertaking, my background was mostly in MS VBA, games user research, and the business of making games. As a games user researcher, my favorite project was Top Spin 4.

I took a long break from the games industry to diversify my skillset in product design and traditional software development, during which hiatus I found myself gravitating more towards tennis and all things related, including PC tennis simulation games. Since then I've been dreaming up lots of ways to revolutionize PC/console tennis games and extensively studied game accessibility, balance, and crowdfunding. Just recently, I discovered that many tennis sims were built by talented solo developers. That's when I started learning Unity and inertia-based mocap just to see if I --a less talented developer -- could also pull off a unique tennis game. Design pillars are accessibility, believability, and customizability. 

To date, I've been working on this passion project for three months part-time and three more months full-time. Most of my time was spent acquiring and learning the tech (a decent rig, mocap equipment, input devices, Unity and Unity Assets) while prototyping the core mechanics and control schemes. I haven't implemented production ready physics or aesthetics yet in case other devs floating in this gamedev.net ether would like to contribute and outshine my crude attempts at art and (Playmaker-assisted) Unity scripting. My goal would be to eventually turn this pet project into a crowdsourcer.io project with a small team of passionate developers, and then seek out crowdfunding once we hit the alpha stage.

Whether you're experienced at developing games or not, please reach me if this project interests you. Demo available upon request. Let's reach for the moon and fall upon the stars! Physics.
Discord @ kenBlade #2331

#Unity #Tennis

Advertisement

Ps: If you are looking for project experience and potential revenue share for non-programming disciplines such as audio, art, animation and the like, please feel free to drop me a line too. You'll be surprised how easy it is to work in Unity, and I'm happy to show fellow Unity beginners how to quickly get your assets into a playable game (much more impressive than just a static assets on a website or print).

Our team is up to seven members now, but we are always looking for more collabs.

Playable demos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qqMpSuI8ROSrAKtcE9FwovPCHzzZE5Cn

Video updates here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmbPnMX98gxKaTZNGrx-2cw/playlists?view_as=subscriber

Discord: kenBlade#2331

What's up?

My name is Zack and I'm a Senior in college currently. I just started working with Unity about a month ago and it's some really fun stuff! I'm interested in developing my own game app one day, but I think this would be a great experience for me. Can we talk more on Discord? My name there is Arcanum124#0547

Just added you on Discord :)

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, kenBlade said:

Ps: If you are looking for project experience and potential revenue share for non-programming disciplines such as audio, art, animation and the like, please feel free to drop me a line too. You'll be surprised how easy it is to work in Unity, and I'm happy to show fellow Unity beginners how to quickly get your assets into a playable game (much more impressive than just a static assets on a website or print).

I might be interested to get more programming experience and development. I have my own pet project that I have been working on dealing with mobile. controlling a marble and trying to complete the courses. I have used ProBuilder Asset, Lightweight Rendering Pipeline and HDRP. Those are from the package manager on unity, its pretty cool. I would like to see if I can help, as well as learn more techniques to add to my skill set

"Put your mind into a position to change your present, and your future"

Just PM'ed you.

Quick dev update:

Our team has grown substantially, but we are still looking for community members, as well as developers, and artists looking for project experience. Previews below:

Animations

Playable demo and physics update coming soon!

Discord: kenBlade#2331

Latest WIP videos:

Hey ken I remember talking with you over discord. I'm free an available to help. My experience is in Unity programming, using ProBuilder, minimal Experience with ShaderGraph(node style shader editing). 

I want to talk more about this on discord with you because I am going through the process of legally establishing myself a business, and it would look pretty cool to have a "partnership" even if its just me at this time lol. My discord name was mobilitywinsii

"Put your mind into a position to change your present, and your future"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement