My Personal Take on a Horror Game Universe!

Started by
4 comments, last by Plummet Studios 5 years ago

Hello everyone! I'm developing a game called "End of the Line", as a story-driven first-person horror stealth game. The main story revolves around a government agency, named the F.S.A., that captures and contains anomalous creatures or items that can't be explained by science. Think SCP but with quite a few differences. In the game's storyline, the agency is a worldwide conspiracy that was built to "protect" people from ever knowing about the true horrors of the world. Giant facilities pop up disguised as things like climate control centers or power facilities while secretly containing anomalies. The main struggle in the game comes from a group of civilians known as "The Defiance" with the sole goal of exposing the lies of the F.S.A. with a recruiter named "M" that interacts with players through messages and other hints. I wanted to stray away from quite a few horror tropes with this game so no devil worshipping, cults, crazy mental asylums, school children, or any of that stuff that's been seen time and time again. Just you and a killer creature slowly stalking you to drive you insane while you are trapped in a subway system. 

If there are any suggestions or criticism, I'd love to hear them! Thanks for all of your time! 

Screenshot (224).png

"If you can dream it, you can do it"

- Walter E. Disney

Advertisement

How does the faction conflict interact with the cat & mouse gameplay?  The way you've described it, the beginning of the paragraph isn't necessary for its last two sentences.

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

3 hours ago, Lendrigan Games said:

How does the faction conflict interact with the cat & mouse gameplay?  The way you've described it, the beginning of the paragraph isn't necessary for its last two sentences.

The player was chosen to be in "The Defiance" while the creature and an important character are from the F.S.A. Because of your involvement with "The Defiance", the F.S.A. refuses to release you from the subway tunnels but wants to keep you for questioning. 

- Walter E. Disney

I was about to mention SCP, but you beat me to it. Besides the whole faction conflict and who the player is, you should probably add more to the story, so it'll stand out more since subway tunnels still remind me of hallway simulator from SCP.

"If I had the power of a god, I'd prevent others from obtaining that same power and throw mine away, even if I had to kill myself, because no matter how good the intentions may be, using omnipotence will have trade-offs for the good and bad but on an infinite scale beyond human imagination."

On 2/10/2019 at 6:15 PM, Geonamic said:

I was about to mention SCP, but you beat me to it. Besides the whole faction conflict and who the player is, you should probably add more to the story, so it'll stand out more since subway tunnels still remind me of hallway simulator from SCP.

There is going to be a lot more than goes behind the scenes with characters and the origins of two completely different powers and exactly how and why they started. There is also a reason for why the anomalies exist 

- Walter E. Disney

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement