21 Days of VGM Challenge - Starting April 1st

Started by
15 comments, last by frozen.dragonfly 4 years, 9 months ago

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know about the new 21 Days of VGM music challenge that is going to start April 1st 2019, yes, very soon. What is it, are you asking? 

Back in July of 2017, Dan Hulsman challenged the VGM Academy community to make composing new music (2-4 bars or more) into a habit by writing something new every day for 21 days straight - no excuses.  And the community did not disappoint.  Hundreds of composers joined in on the fun and challenge, composing little snippets, short sketches, or even fully-produced tracks for 3 weeks straight.

So if you want to part of that and challenge yourself, now is the right time. The link below (no pun intended) will lead you to a sign up page. 

Upon signing up, you'll receive a care:

• The Composition Quest Log: Level 1 - a PDF of game-themed composition prompts;
  • The #21DaysofVGM workbook (for those of us who still prefer putting pen to staff paper!)
  • A link to request access to the VGM Academy private Facebook group (if you aren't in already);

Throughout the challenge, you'll unlock more Composition Quest Logs, receive daily tips, and other challenges/opportunities.

ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE: Join the 21-Day Composition Challenge
Advertisement

21Days

Ludum Dare is just 48 hours. This is 504 hours. You can make Raytraced Doom with PCSS, Radiance Hits GI and PBR.

Thank you for the invitation. 

Sounds like something I'd like to try. I need to get better at making music.

Challenge Accepted ?

Thanks for the invite, it's always a blast to push yourself and compose something different! I'm looking forward to it.

Ada Maskil Game Soundtrack Composer maskil.ada@gmail.com https://ada-maskil.wixsite.com/home

Great, some new folks are joining us. How are you doing so far?

3/3 so far. I have hardly any time to work on it tonight so it will be tough but I'll get it done.

I would join in but I'm traveling for work all week and finishing up a move. Just not in the cards. Have fun everyone! 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement