C&C...

Started by
13 comments, last by Woody FX 22 years, 4 months ago
Was the original Command & Concour an isometric game...... Do any of you remember playing the missions where you''re in the command of a single commando with a sniper rifle!!! Do any of you know of another game that is like that....
Advertisement
C&C isn''t an isometric based game... But sure, It''s the best RTS I have ever played with!
Another game like that?

C&C: Red Alert

C&C: Tiberian Sun

C&C: Red Alert 2

Emperor: Battle for Dune

Gaiomard Dragon
-===(UDIC)===-
Gaiomard Dragon-===(UDIC)===-
I believe Total Annihilation, Total Annihilation: Kingdoms, Mech Commander, War games, Army Men 1 & 2 were all of the same type but I must agree with the poster above. Red Alert was by far the best

Grellin - IGP
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
So its not an isometric game then.....it has a kind of isometric view...

No! No! i meant another isometric game where you''re in command of a single lone commando doing missions like in the C&C missions where you are one super dud that kills everybody!!
You mean C&C: Sole Survivor?

man, it was totaly lame. it was the worst game of the C&C series...

starcraft is the best iso RTS ever came out as far as i concern

Gil
[email=gil@gilzu.com]Gil Zussman[/email]Check out Goose Chase, Coming this fall!http://www.gilzu.com
Syndicate, by Bulfrog (they made Populous) is kinda like that. you control 1 to 4 "agents", and you have to complete missions in an isometric world.
some missions are like "blow up this thing", but others are "rescue someone" or "attract 50 followers" or sometimes "survive this level".
you can collect weapons and armor and stuff (or buy it when you complete a mission), and also recruit new agents (for kicks, or to replace the one that just got blown up). there is a bit of character-building (agents are bionic, so you can buy them "faster legs" or "heavy chest armor implant", or my favorite: "exploding chest armor" (which self-destructs when tha agent dies, blowing up a LARGE area)).
i have no idea where to buy it, as i played it on my friend''s computer like five years ago, but it is a GREAT game.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Gilzu>> No he meant one of the missions in the original c&c.

And yes I do remember it.. Did not like it through, it had one problem: the c&c engine was not really designed for missions like that.

Other games like that: well you almost said it yourself: Commandos!!
In commandos you control 1-5 speciel units (maybe more in some missions..) who each have some special and very different skills (diving, driving, sniping, spying etc...). It is then up to you to use and combine these skills to win.

There are afaik four commandos games:
Commandos: Behind enemy lines
Commandos: Behind the call of duty
Commandos 2
Desperados: wanted dead or alive (not really a commandos game, but build on the same engine...)

[EDIT] Spelling error

-Zredna

Edited by - Zredna on December 11, 2001 2:53:54 PM
if you want Real Time Strategy, you should mention Starcraft of course!, there are missions in there with only a bunch of marines to command, yeah yeah, Warcraft too but Starcraft is the king to me!

also if you want Isometric, Age of empires amd Starwars Galactic Battlegrounds which I believe was based in the AOE engine

Woody FX: To answer your very first question, "Was the original Command & Conquer an isometric game....." yes, most of the C&C "universe of games" is. The only non-iso RTS game Westwood has released in the last decade (that I''m aware of) is Emperor: Battle for Dune. That RTS makes use of full polygonal graphics.

Gilzu (Quote:"You mean C&C: Sole Survivor?"): lol... yes, wonderful idea there- let''s give them one unit, use the multiplay abilities... wow! we have a deathmatch game!!! You know, if you go to westwood.ea.com, you won''t even see MENTION of SS? I think most people would just like that game forgotten.

As for ISO single commando games, there''s a few levels in C&C: Red Alert II that star the ultimate commando unit Tanya (aka Kari Wuhrer in the cutscenes) She swims, instantly kills infantry, and blows up buildings. In one "sensitive" level you get the use of Tanya and 3 british "spies" (Bond knock-offs) who use a disguise ability to infiltrate bases. I think they could have done the ai a little better for that- I infiltrated the high-security nuclear missile installation as a herd of cows.

Then again... I guess I *was* laughing all the way. Having fun is the important part, right?

-Tok
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

hey baby... lemme tell ya about my mission ...
--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement