AI Specialization

Started by
2 comments, last by Shaarigan 5 years ago

Hello all,

I am a programmer who is looking to specialize in AI programming. While I have experience in languages like C#, and Java, I do not have much in C++ which seems to be more of an industry standard. Is it more important to continue to develop my skills in a specific programming language (such as C++), or is it better to simply focus on how to make more intelligent AI regardless of the language?

Jared

Advertisement

Intelligent AI is always needed, so go ahead and hammer out the functionality before learning various coding languages.  If you already have a functioning AI framework, you'll more or less translate it into the required language (and whatever elements you'd have to rebuild, you'd already know what you'd be building).

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

The algorithms you use in AI programming, maschine learning and technics like Behavior Tree or State Maschines don't change just by changing the programming language. You could go ahead without worries to get more knowledge of these basic technics and learn another programming language whenever it is neccessary. People are also writing AI stuff in python so what!

Learning or at least understanding C++ is a plus because much stuff is written in C/C++ and reading someone else's source code is always a good thing

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement