Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can anyone help

This topic is 5848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi when i try to place an object on the screen with GlutFullscreen i wont let me place the object, but will if the window is 680 by 460 am tryign to place sections of road so a user can create their own map for a car game. i know its a rubbish description but cant think of a better way to put it cheers nick

I''m not really sure that I understand your question but I think that your problem is when your run your application in 640*480,you have the cursor of Windows (the OS, 98 or else).
But when you run in fullscreen mode you no longer have this cursor,and so I think that you should create your own cursor...

I hope that I have understood and anwsered your question.

For example , you can create a quad and you texture it with a cursor image...and you just have to move this quad when the mouse move...
In order to know if the mouse has moved you have to use the function :glutPassiveMotionFunc() which is used like this:

glutPassiveMotionFunc(mouse);
It creates a function "mouse", where you get the x and y values of the cursor(even if you are in fullscreen...).
But these values depends on your resolution I think, so if your are in (640,480), these values will be ,for x ,between 0 and 640 and for y , between 0 and 480.So when you get this values you have to multiply them to get something you can use to translate in a good way your quad as you would do if you have to create a camera.

I think if you take a tutorial about camera you ''ll be able to do like what you want...but I just hope you understand what I write.
If anyone has source to post...it would be very useful...