can anyone help

Started by
2 comments, last by treds1 22 years, 4 months ago
hi when i try to place an object on the screen with GlutFullscreen i wont let me place the object, but will if the window is 680 by 460 am tryign to place sections of road so a user can create their own map for a car game. i know its a rubbish description but cant think of a better way to put it cheers nick
Advertisement
I''m not really sure that I understand your question but I think that your problem is when your run your application in 640*480,you have the cursor of Windows (the OS, 98 or else).
But when you run in fullscreen mode you no longer have this cursor,and so I think that you should create your own cursor...

I hope that I have understood and anwsered your question.
hi

cheers will look into it, how is the the best way to go about making the cursor
For example , you can create a quad and you texture it with a cursor image...and you just have to move this quad when the mouse move...
In order to know if the mouse has moved you have to use the function :glutPassiveMotionFunc() which is used like this:

glutPassiveMotionFunc(mouse);
It creates a function "mouse", where you get the x and y values of the cursor(even if you are in fullscreen...).
But these values depends on your resolution I think, so if your are in (640,480), these values will be ,for x ,between 0 and 640 and for y , between 0 and 480.So when you get this values you have to multiply them to get something you can use to translate in a good way your quad as you would do if you have to create a camera.

I think if you take a tutorial about camera you ''ll be able to do like what you want...but I just hope you understand what I write.
If anyone has source to post...it would be very useful...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement