Sales search

Started by
7 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years ago

Hello, my friends tell me please, maybe someone has information about sites or groups in which I can communicate with experienced sales people who work in the gaming industry.
Or maybe there are online training courses?
I would like to know about clubs or places on the web where I can talk about finding customers, share experiences, etc.
I know these clubs exist on the basis of companies that profile on finding customers, but I can’t find them (
help me please
Thank you

Advertisement

From my limited experience, the most success I've seen with talking shop like this are at conventions, during closed hours (meaning you are running your own booth and talking with others who have a booth). Better than meetups/seminars. Not exactly the answer you're looking for, I imagine. There's probably good groups I'm not aware of.

14 minutes ago, Pasty Is Tasty said:

From my limited experience, the most success I've seen with talking shop like this are at conventions, during closed hours (meaning you are running your own booth and talking with others who have a booth). Better than meetups/seminars. Not exactly the answer you're looking for, I imagine. There's probably good groups I'm not aware of.

Thanks for the advice
Yes, this is a good option for the future, but I would like to get more information about sales in the gaming industry.
Do you think there are such companies in the world? or not specifically for the gaming industry?
BTW I've found a similar service but online check this out https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/indie-game-business-video-game-business-and-marketing-microconference-tickets-55812274014
In any case, add to my linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-vovk-52409aba/

8 hours ago, Alexander_Vovk said:

Do you think there are such companies in the world? or not specifically for the gaming industry?

I'm not familiar with the type of company you're talking about Alexander. You aren't looking for a sales job? You want to start a company? Or you already started a company?

On 3/27/2019 at 6:10 AM, Alexander_Vovk said:

where I can talk about finding customers, share experiences, etc.
I know these clubs exist

Companies and clubs are different things. It's unclear what it is you are trying to find out from this thread. Are you talking about marketing firms?  There are marketing firms. Or are you talking about community management (managing gamer communities)? I never heard of someone outsourcing community management, but there might be such things. 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

9 hours ago, Tom Sloper said:

I'm not familiar with the type of company you're talking about Alexander. You aren't looking for a sales job? You want to start a company? Or you already started a company?

Companies and clubs are different things. It's unclear what it is you are trying to find out from this thread. Are you talking about marketing firms?  There are marketing firms. Or are you talking about community management (managing gamer communities)? I never heard of someone outsourcing community management, but there might be such things. 

Hi Tom
I`d like to learn  where is better to find people(company) who can find customer  for companies or indie teams. (Except for game conferences)
I sent the link above - that's similar what I want.  I can find there potential clients or people who will help me to tell and teach me how to develop the gaming business. Where else is there?

I know that it's hard to understand what I want, that's why I ask on the forum.
Thank you 

5 hours ago, Alexander_Vovk said:

people(company) who can find customer  for companies or indie teams.

You mean agents? You want an agent to help your company get clients?

5 hours ago, Alexander_Vovk said:

potential clients or people who will help me to tell and teach me how to develop the gaming business.

You have a game business? Is it game development? And you need an agent to advise you and help you improve your business?

On 3/27/2019 at 6:10 AM, Alexander_Vovk said:

clubs exist on the basis of companies that profile on finding customers

The word "club" doesn't sound right.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sloper said:

You mean agents? You want an agent to help your company get clients?

You have a game business? Is it game development? And you need an agent to advise you and help you improve your business?

I want to become this agent, I want to learn - how to do it right
and where I can learn it)?
if  speak more simply - I need FAQ from professional Game Agents .

The way people become an agent in video games is by having been a manager in games, a lawyer in games, an executive in games. What kind of degree do you have? MBA? Law? There is no FAQ for being an agent.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement