Issue with Borland C++ 4 MSDOS code compiling.

Started by
86 comments, last by UnshavenBastard 4 years, 10 months ago
5 hours ago, yaboiryan said:

It... compiles....

IT REALLY WORKS!!!

Thank you a million!

I will mention you on the game website!

(If you want me to)

Glad you got it working!!!! Feel free to mention me, thanks! It was fun nostalgia to dust of DOS real and protected mode programming again, but I'm glad its over.

Advertisement
11 minutes ago, Steve_Segreto said:

Glad you got it working!!!! Feel free to mention me, thanks! It was fun nostalgia to dust of DOS real and protected mode programming again, but I'm glad its over.

I don’t have anything else... The code compiles, the game returns an error because I don’t have images... 

it is doing what it is supposed to.

thanks!

(if you are wondering what the error is, it is just getting the size in memory of the ACK engine. It says the engine is NULL)

i think it it is time to let it go into the waste in of the ‘90s, where it belongs.

Also there is a modern version that fans have kept up. It is called GameStudio ACKNEX 8.

1 hour ago, Steve_Segreto said:

I could, if you want, mention you on my website.

57 minutes ago, yaboiryan said:

I could, if you want, mention you on my website.

Thanks it would be fun!

8 hours ago, Steve_Segreto said:

Thanks it would be fun!

Ok!

It may get taken off later, but it will be there for a long time.

this will happen when I redo the website.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:28 PM, Steve_Segreto said:

Thanks it would be fun!

Hey, @Steve_Segreto, I got it working even more... I was looking through the code, changed a few things, and then got the game to render to the main menu. There, it crashes because of a "bad window size" error.

The other error I was having was because of corrupt image files I was using with the game. 

Woo hoo! I got it working even more!

It even plays the animations in the main menu, but when the game actually starts, it is then when things start going downhill to the error.

The exact error is "Initialization error: code 117"

code 117 is defined with the line: "#define ERR_BADWINDOWSIZE 117" in ACK3D.H.

The other error was due to a game map reading error, because I had messed around with the map file to try to get it to work...

This is the last question. It is the only thing preventing me from ultimate victory over this engine...

(I just pulled it back out today).

8 hours ago, fleabay said:

Aside from this pointless diversion, are you any closer to making a game?

Yes, I have a gamedev.net Goldeneye project. I am using this engine for that.

if I can get everything fixed, then I will be able to start my project with ease.

While I do have an OpenGL engine that can load quake3 .bsp map files, I cannot distribute a game that uses .bsp files because I would have to get a license, which would be expensive.

16 minutes ago, fleabay said:I don't think that is correct but if you have more info or a link I would be interested in that.

*slaps forehead*

sorry, wrong post...

still, I don’t want to post the code for that engine I made. It can load all quake files like tga, bsp, and a few other things that have to do with shaders...

However, I can give you some documentation. Whenever I get home, I will get you that, but sorry that I don’t want to post the code :( .

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement