Issue with Borland C++ 4 MSDOS code compiling.

Started by
86 comments, last by UnshavenBastard 4 years, 10 months ago
Advertisement
3 hours ago, fleabay said:

I think you misunderstand. I was requesting more info about requiring a license to use bsp files.

Oh hahahaha.... I am very sorry...

I have not been able to find any info such as that anywhere...

On 4/11/2019 at 9:57 PM, JTippetts said:

This is such a colossal waste of time, but that's fine. You do you. But at least have the decency to not castigate someone else for protecting their code under licensing or copyright. Write your own code.

Some people.

"waste of time".... for who, him? Maybe he should be the judge of that. He's mentioned a few times he wants a challenge, this sounds like a challenge, so wheres the wasted time?

Did he get a spec from a client? Does he want to start a portfolio for prospective employers? Did he even ask how people thought he could better spend his time? No, he just wants to have fun coding.... some of us do that you know

And this is coming from a mod....

Personally, I love this guys enthusiasm, couldnt care less if it's futile... it's kind of alluring. I cant help but keep reading when his opening gambit was a promise to mention whoever helped him on his website. He at once respects and poo-poo's copyrights. I don't what's making this guy tick. He's an enigma

Hehe.
This revived the idea from the back of my head of years ago, whether it couldn't be feasible to make oldschool-ish games targeting DOSBox. At least it's less of a hassle than back in the day with regards to stuff like, you don't need to support 10 soundcards, you know DOSBox will have SB16, GUS, ... emulations - pick one and be good.
And then sell it on GOG, if they let one (I have no idea about their policies or requirements).

One of the things putting me off is using old C++ or C versions, presumably not even compliant with old standards, which e.g. Open WATCOM has...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement