• Advertisement
BlackJoker

Vulkan Vertices does not rendering

Posted (edited)

Hi. I am studying Vulkan tutorials and go to the vertex buffer creation.

I an using my own C# bindings for Vulkan and everything was working fine until I created Vertex buffer.

After that - no triangle stopped rendering and there are no messages from validation layer at all.

So, I have no errors, but no rendering too. And my question is how to debug Vulkan app in such cases? Is there some technique?

EDIT: or maybe I need to enable some specific validation layer?

Please, help

Edited by BlackJoker

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

After the compiler and debug layers have been exhausted, you can proceed to debug using a snapshot capture mechanism, such as the one found in Snapdragon Profiler. Simply take a snapshot of one frame of your application, then examine each stage and see where your rendering is going wrong.

Edited by Steve_Segreto

It would be good, but seems Visual studio does not support graphics debugging in Vulkan applications or am I missing something?

Yes, use RenderDoc. There are a lot of things that you could be doing wrong that wouldn't trigger any validation errors, and the easiest way to catch them is to just grab a snapshot and start inspecting stuff.