Unreal Engine tweaking.

Started by
3 comments, last by coralthecat 5 years ago

Hello I've been working on unreal engine for a few days now and got some of the basics down. Now my problem is sharpening up some assets any tips will be helpful and very much appreciated. Here's a picture of my problem I feel like I can sharpen it up but I'm not too sure how to go about it. I'm super new to using forums so please be patient with me.Capture.thumb.PNG.545186a796df44a3da248cdff2935640.PNG

Coral

Advertisement

The object in your scene can look this way for a number of reasons, but the first thing I would do is make sure the object and the texture maps are not the issue first.

If you take the object into a 3D application and render them do you get the same look? What is the texture map size? Do the UVs take up enough density within the map? Did you bake the normal maps correctly? I've seen the same thing before due to density, and bad geo + baking.

If you provide the mesh and texture set used, and I can look at it from my end and let you know what you need to do to fix the problem. Also, if you baked High to Low please provide those meshes.

Programmer and 3D Artist

So I looked into your meshes and I think your issue is related to your LOD setup.

Watch this tutorial below:

Besides that.... You don't want to be putting that _High version in your game. That mesh alone is almost 2 million tris, and your highest LOD0 is only 34,783 tris, and lowest LOD5 is 2,198 tris. If you're finding that LOD0 doesn't work well then you'll have to generate another one from your _High version.

You also need to group these in your 3D software as you have manual LODs, otherwise you can auto generate LODs through UE4.

Another video:

I personally do manual LODs, but if you can get good results from the Auto you'll save time.

Importing your own LODs: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Content/ImportingContent/ImportingLODs

Let me know if this helps!

Programmer and 3D Artist

Ok I'll give this a go thank you so much!:)

Coral

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement