Red Hat & Ethernet

Started by
4 comments, last by Floppy 22 years, 4 months ago
Hello, I have been having several problems with getting my HPEN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter to work in Red Hat Linux 7.2. This ethernet card had came with my HP Pavillion XL766. I am running a dual-boot Windows ME and Red Hat Linux 7.2 currently. I can get the card to work and access the internet with Mandrake 8.1 and Slackware 8.0; just not Red Hat 7.2. I have tried using the console and also used the Red Hat configuration tools but am not able to get my ethernet card working or detected. I have tried the Internet config tool and the network config tool. I have also tried removing the ethernet card from the Windows ME Device manager and booting into Red Hat Linux and attempting to configure it or see if Red Hat would autodetect it. Card system settings (under Windows ME in Device Manager): IRQ: 5 Memory Range: 10000000-100000FF I/O Range:1000-10FF Is this card not supported in Red Hat Linux? Is there an auto-probing feature in Red Hat I could use? Should I just go buy a new ethernet card? Do you have any ideas? Thanks you for your help!
Advertisement
Let me see... Oh, I know, D/L the druver. Different distros have different drivers in them (I ussually don''t see a difference, but there out there). Just go to the web site of the driver''s creator and d/lo and don''t say, "But Mandrake is based on Red Hat". Its late so I wont even bother checking the Kernel version.
yawn...

Yes, it''s true,
there should be
a Java-Python-C++ language called Japyc
or (Jah-PIC)
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
http://lhd.datapower.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?2788
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
I figured it out a while ago. I had to turn off plug and play in my BIOS. Does anyone have an exact reason about why this works?
Well because the BIOS is Basic Input Output System, so If you play around with it, you could get the Ethernet card to Input and Output properly!

Therefore, If you caan never get the right Input or Output, play in the BIOS!

Yes, it''s true,
there should be
a Java-Python-C++ language called Japyc
or (Jah-PIC)
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
If someone just had told that before
I''v been fighting with my Linuxx networking for few months now, trying this and that! And of sudden tried to change the BIOS setting and ... Wolaa. Network is working now perfect in Linux

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement