here's a plot for ya'll, if you like it, say "aye"

Started by
14 comments, last by Stretch 22 years, 4 months ago
newb here, just thought I''d put this down in writing before I forgot it, and I wasn''t sure where. Tell me if you like it, and I have any future in game writing whatsoever.... Some guy (we''ll call him "X") is looking for his brother. why? because his brother was killed by some thing ("Y") when he was....um....young. he (obviously) meets others to help him on his journey, finding an aunt and sister in the process, finally finds his brother, then finds out that his brother, "Z" is also "Y" that he has been looking for all his adult life. So he has to find a way to rid "Z" of "Y" so that he can have his brother back. Ok that sounds SO gay now that I have it down. doesn''t it? Btw it''s SUPPOSED to be an RPG.
Advertisement
Nothing personal, but it really sounds like hundreds of other storylines from games and movies. The only thing it is lacking is a kidnapped hot chick.
If you make the graphics really nice, and make it have multiple endings you have a decent chance.
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Lets say Y was not a brother, but was the father of X, we will call X "Luke" and Y "Anakin", then this Z guy (We will call him "Darth Vader") killed this Anakin guy, or so is Luke told by some other guy he finds on his way, we call this mysterious guy "Obi Wan", you know the ending.

see the problem here? it might not be your intention to make a copy of Star Wars, might have been subconsious, but in the end it sounds too much like Star Wars, you have to try to be original, and if you definitely can''t, then take some bits from here, some others from there, but dont just take a whole chunk and shave here and there so it is different, but really is not.

I don''t see where there is a gay element in the story.

In case you meant to use gay as an adverb, grow up and stop discriminating other peoples preferences.
Kill mages first!
quote:Original post by Askadar
I don''t see where there is a gay element in the story.

In case you meant to use gay as an adverb, grow up and stop discriminating other peoples preferences.

I was going to say something but it would be flame material... it had to do with Star Wars and gayI think you can figure out what I was going to say.

Right now, game development is so horrible you don''t even need a story.

Make a multiplayer rpg where you walk around trying to reach level 99 and hold competitions. Thats what games are becoming.

I hope this changes soon.
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Sounds like an algebra game to me =).

''Whoever said, "It''s not whether you win or lose that counts," probably lost.'' -Martina Navratilova
[email=dumass@poppet.com]dumass@poppet.com[/email]
quote:Original post by Drizzt DoUrden

Right now, game development is so horrible you don''t even need a story.

Make a multiplayer rpg where you walk around trying to reach level 99 and hold competitions. Thats what games are becoming.

Actually that is where games have always been...Chess doesn''t need a story...Pac Man didn''t have one at first either...And you''ll have to dig deep to find one in Quake.

every game I''ve ever seen that features a story is entirely basied on plotlines..."character ''X'' does such and such", "Character ''Y'' must find the lost ''thing'' to do ''some activity'' that will help ''village Z''"...it''s all about characters defineing themselves through thier physical actions rather then through thier ideas, thoughts, resolutions, motivations, wishes, wants, needs, confusions, delusions, fears, and questions...game stories typicaly have no depth...

But then it''s entirely proveable that games do not need stories...

quote:Original post by Askadar

You really mean "in case you meant to use gay as a negative connotation...", becaue the English word "gay" ("..and Mary was feeling rather gay that morning") isn''t about to disappear.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Probably meant that.

English is not my native tongue, so I maybe didn''t express myself perfectly.

But I still think that Stretch was using gay in the context of homosexuals.
Kill mages first!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement