Side Scrolling Challenge - Halfway Status

Started by
4 comments, last by lawnjelly 4 years, 11 months ago

We're about halfway through the Side Scrolling Arcade Shooter challenge. Howgoze it?

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement

Current state of my entry at the mid point marker. I like the simple graphics of this and the go at digital sound creation. Having a blast over here.

edit: Final state. Cool to be able to see a before and after.. Thanks again for the play. 

nice an' quiet like...

@khawk I booked some time on Wed. to do my general design document, and I plan on working on the prototype this weekend. :) I should have a blog post sometime Friday/Saturday. I look forward to completing this challenge!

Programmer and 3D Artist

Good so far, mechanics are nailed down, first level is complete, have made a start on the second level.  Some sound effects in, still need to do some music.

I've learned so much doing this challenge, I think it's helped me a lot.  Also I'm looking forward to playing other contributors' games!

Good but haven't made much progress in the last 2 weeks ... got distracted trying to fix bugs in Godot engine source code to get android working, the dreaded mission creep! There may be a mostly untested android GLES 2 build though as well as linux and windows.

Have a couple more weeks available this month so I will concentrate on the gameplay to get some workable levels.. unsure how much time I'll have for artwork. Will have to submit my finished version early as I should be off motobiking to france at end of month! :) 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement