• Advertisement
khawk

Side Scrolling Challenge - Halfway Status

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

Current state of my entry at the mid point marker. I like the simple graphics of this and the go at digital sound creation. Having a blast over here.

edit: Final state. Cool to be able to see a before and after.. Thanks again for the play. 

nice an' quiet like...
Edited by GoliathForge
todo list updated (T-11 days)

@khawk I booked some time on Wed. to do my general design document, and I plan on working on the prototype this weekend. :) I should have a blog post sometime Friday/Saturday. I look forward to completing this challenge!

Good so far, mechanics are nailed down, first level is complete, have made a start on the second level.  Some sound effects in, still need to do some music.

I've learned so much doing this challenge, I think it's helped me a lot.  Also I'm looking forward to playing other contributors' games!

Good but haven't made much progress in the last 2 weeks ... got distracted trying to fix bugs in Godot engine source code to get android working, the dreaded mission creep! There may be a mostly untested android GLES 2 build though as well as linux and windows.

Have a couple more weeks available this month so I will concentrate on the gameplay to get some workable levels.. unsure how much time I'll have for artwork. Will have to submit my finished version early as I should be off motobiking to france at end of month! :) 

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!