Konqueror

Started by
4 comments, last by Floppy 22 years, 4 months ago
Hello, The current web browser I have is Konqueror 2.2.1. When I visit GameDev.net a lot of the pictures don't show up especially the ones in the top frame. And on the main page the bars on the right hand side don't show up (as well as a few items). But, a majority of the images are shown. Is Konqueror outdated, and not compliant with current HTML standards? Should I just get Mozilla or Netscape? Is there a way I can fix it? Thanks! EDIT: Is GameDev.net geared towards Windows users (In their HTML code)? Edited by - Floppy on December 9, 2001 2:17:41 AM
Advertisement
I don''t have any problems with this forum and Konqueror, but Netscape 6.2 is a nice alternative. Also, you can try Opera. Get the 6.0 technology preview. I have all of them as shortcuts in KDE and flip flop back and forth from time to time if a site doesn''t show up correctly. Opera claims to be as close to the standard as any browser out there. And Netscape is great about setting up stuff like java-script and Flash for you.
"There are two types of languages, those that everyone complains about, and those that no one uses."Standardized C++ LibrariesGamecron PC GamingA Christian Blog
This site seems to load and render fine for me using Konqueror 2.1, but that isn''t Konqueror 2.2.1. So there might''ve been a problem between versions.

I''d also suggest using Opera. If you''ve got a fast enough machine and Internet connection, you could try download the current Mozilla release source code and build your own binaries with compiler optimizations. I''ve found any builds that I compile to be noticeably faster than their pre-build binaries.

/usr/sbin/syslogd
If you compiled from source, you need to implicitly state that you want GIF support, otherwise it doesn''t include it. I had that problem...

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

I''m using Konqueror v. 2.1.1 as we speak, and I don''t have those problems... Take Godfree''s advice

rm -rf /bin/laden
i think this whole site is oriented towards windows losers err users

i just built konq 2.2.2, with gif support, the top of the gamedev.net page arent rendering correctly here either. stick with konq, its the IE of linux.

specifically the ads and the background behind/around the gamedev.net logo arent displayed.. i kinda like it, ads suck

saai

Edited by - saai on December 14, 2001 1:50:33 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement