I have a game idea. Is there anyone willing to make it for free? You may sell it!

Started by
10 comments, last by Lord Oting 4 years, 11 months ago

I have a game idea. Is there anyone willing to make it for free? You may sell it! 

So, My friend and I have been fantasizing about a villain name Kick Nilley who is extremely fat and the size  of the empire state building and eats everything in sight
I want it to be about a crew named the Otings who train and fight to finally one day defeat the great Nick Killey. Their leader is Lord Oting and Lord Fatape who is basically King Kong but fat.

What do you guys think? Is anyone willing to do this game for free? You may sell it! 

Advertisement

Usually everyone has their own game idea, that they think is great (just like you :) ). So if they work for free anyway, they will work on their idea, and not yours. Unless they think that the idea is extremely good and they like it more than their own ideas.

What you wrote is not enough to be called "a game idea". You just described some characters. A full game idea has a lot more than that (gameplay, for starters)

Ok, i'll bite.

Is Nick Killey a real person you know, who you want to make a game about? I'm just mentioning this because if it is, that could land you in massive hot water. I wanted to be absolutely sure about that, and you to be absolutely sure about that, before you pitch this idea any further, because something doesn't sit quite right with me about this whole thing.

I could be wrong. Please let me know, if i am.

16 hours ago, Brain said:

Ok, i'll bite.

Is Nick Killey a real person you know, who you want to make a game about? I'm just mentioning this because if it is, that could land you in massive hot water. I wanted to be absolutely sure about that, and you to be absolutely sure about that, before you pitch this idea any further, because something doesn't sit quite right with me about this whole thing.

I could be wrong. Please let me know, if i am.

Actually it was Kick Nilley sorry anfd no I just made it up.

Maybe you should do some artwork and write up some more details about your idea. And maybe download Visual Studio Community Edition and try making a C# console game, then you can think about programming something bigger and wonder at the life of a game developer.

32 minutes ago, DeadStack said:

Maybe you should do some artwork and write up some more details about your idea. And maybe download Visual Studio Community Edition and try making a C# console game, then you can think about programming something bigger and wonder at the life of a game developer.

I don't know much about game dev, and really want this game to become a reality. Plus I'm unemployed and poor, which is why I can't pay. I was told by some discord friends that there are usually people on this forum that would love to do it for free.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:38 AM, Lord Oting said:

Plus I'm unemployed

Why not use the time and start to learn about any game related topic you are capable of to start developing this on your own. If you are going to make game design it is harder to find people colaborating to your project than it is for a programmer or artist unless your idea and documentation is really exciting people. Artists seem to be the rare material in game development and programmers could also colaborate on other projects to gather experience. But no one really takes the "idea guy" for serious!

Get one of the production ready free available engines out there and start prototypping!

Good luck, have fun :)

1 hour ago, Shaarigan said:

Why not use the time and start to learn about any game related topic you are capable of to start developing this on your own. If you are going to make game design it is harder to find people colaborating to your project than it is for a programmer or artist unless your idea and documentation is really exciting people. Artists seem to be the rare material in game development and programmers could also colaborate on other projects to gather experience. But no one really takes the "idea guy" for serious!

Get one of the production ready free available engines out there and start prototypping!

Good luck, have fun :)

Just out of curiosity, does your name have anything to do with Naruto? Also thanks. I have started learning the basics and stuff. Hopefully one day in the future I will be able to make this game a reality! :D

On 5/11/2019 at 1:38 AM, Lord Oting said:

I was told by some discord friends that there are usually people on this forum that would love to do it for free.

You were almost certainly being trolled by your friends. Getting people to work on your idea without paying them, on this forum, is a Herculean task. Getting anyone who has the necessary expertise to do so is almost impossible.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement