Scrolling Shooter Challenge - Deep Sea Encounter

Started by
13 comments, last by r1ckparker 4 years, 10 months ago

(UPDATE!) Make sure you pick up version 1.1 this is much easier and has a difficulty setting!  Thanks!

This is my entry for the Scrolling Shooter Challenge - Deep Sea Encounter (name changed from Alpha Whisper3)

Story - Creatures are invading the Earth from the sea bed and your submarine is the only ship available to challenge them.  Unfortunately you have no weapons!  Only your shield can protect you. Make your way through waves of enemies and defeat the boss!

Controls - Arrow keys - move.  Ctrl - Shield.  Escape - quit game.  You can also use a control pad.

Use your shield to bounce bullets back towards the enemies.  Be careful though as you any have a limited shield charge.  If your shield runs out, release the shield button to recharge.  Collect Red power-ups to increase your speed.  Collect Blue power-ups to increase your shield power.

Tips - 

On the first level, head towards the middle in between the fish when they split.  This will allow you to collect the power up.

Getting close to enemies before they fire is an easy way to rebound their shots but make sure you have enough shield available!

Colliding with enemies or the landscape will destroy your sub regardless of whether the shield is active.

Collect red and blue power ups as much as possible they will really help.

If you find it too difficult try using a gamepad to control the sub instead.

Cheat Mode - press 'R' to jump to the next level!

Link to Challenge 

Link to post mortem

Advertisement

Looks awesome from the videos rick! :D Well done for finishing first (I think you are first?)!

I can appreciate the endless lives here. :) At first I though it would be better if you continued from the last death location but the way you have it is better. Nicely done. There is replay value here because I'm now curious what is after the mine field :D 

On 5/11/2019 at 12:01 PM, GoliathForge said:

I can appreciate the endless lives here. :) At first I though it would be better if you continued from the last death location but the way you have it is better. Nicely done. There is replay value here because I'm now curious what is after the mine field :D 

Thanks, I may have fallen into the developer trap of making it too difficult, if I have time I would like to introduce an 'easy' mode where the enemies don't fire as quickly.

Cannot view it:

image.png.b050d620108edc17d9640ea22bc6cb0a.png

Is your project set to public visibility?

@fleabay I think it has to do with the project page? Not sure... Unless other people like @lawnjelly and @GoliathForge can still see it?

Programmer and 3D Artist

When I go directly to the project page it shows up but says 'project hidden' in the top right corner: projects/1366-deep-sea-encounter/

It now shows as 'you do not have permission' on the link in the original post, for me also.

This is a recent change. I now see the permission notice as well, when earlier the project page link was visible. I think the OP is busy with the polish cloth.

41 minutes ago, fleabay said:

Why? How many buttons do I have to click to get full permissions to this group???

umm, pretty sure it's just one. Going in the other direction appears just as easy. 

3 hours ago, GoliathForge said:

This is a recent change. I now see the permission notice as well, when earlier the project page link was visible. I think the OP is busy with the polish cloth.

umm, pretty sure it's just one. Going in the other direction appears just as easy. 

I went to the project page and it was set to unpublished for some reason. Ive changed it now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement