Scrolling Shooter Challenge - Deep Sea Encounter

Started by
13 comments, last by r1ckparker 4 years, 10 months ago
Advertisement

I'm not sure if there is a problem on just my end but when I play the game outside it runs in slow motion, only the visuals... The main menu seems okay, but once the level loads it's super slow.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Runs perfect for me on DX10 hardware (i5 9300hd). I still barely get past the circle formation, but I think I'm current with v1_2.

Over here, it's perfect the way it is, but what might take it to the next level could be a speed boost modifier. (short, snappy jet thing) to give the controls a touch more life. 

9 minutes ago, GoliathForge said:

Runs perfect for me on DX10 hardware (i5 9300hd). I still barely get past the circle formation, but I think I'm current with v1_2.

Over here, it's perfect the way it is, but what might take it to the next level could be a speed boost modifier. (short, snappy jet thing) to give the controls a touch more life. 

It runs just like this below on V1_2:

https://giant.gfycat.com/FreeSingleBull.webm

I'm on Windows 10, with a 4GB GeForce 1050 TI SC, 32 GB Ram, i7 4.0ghz quad. I don't have time to try it on my other machines as I'm at home, but I've never had issues running any games from GameMaker Studio before. Very odd as the music is playing normally... ?

Programmer and 3D Artist

Okay, I was able to reproduce that behavior by switching difficulty. So, confirmed. (win7)

Thanks for the updates, not sure what's going on with the speed issues.  I will try and recompile it and change some of the settings in Game Maker.

I've updated the game to 1.3 could you try it again for me please?  I've changed some of the settings but it runs OK on my system so I don't know if it will make any difference.

Thank yoU!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement