• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. WATT

Openmpt c++ exercise

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

I’d like some beginner help to use the openmpt library to play a track in a windows c++ executable , I think this could be useful for a lot of projects.

for those that don’t know, https://openmpt.org/ is a music tracker for creating music tracks like they used to do it in another era of gaming. Openmpt has its own standalone application for making your track, but Openmpt has libraries so you can play your track from your c or c++ application.

id like to compile and link a short piece of code to play a tracker tune, I need to learn how to use someone’s  libraries, headers and compile and link to them, I could use this practice, thanks 🙏 

Edited by phoz

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

yes thats it, I have looked at the documentation. Truth be told I need to become familiar with using different API's, to get comfortable with compiling using headers and linking so I can explore the many useful lib's out there. This is a bit of my achilles heel at the moment. I'm steadily learning the language and syntax, and im understanding more about how all the pieces fit together, but i'd like to become more familiar with using a libray. Can anyone help walk me through a code example? thanks :) 

ps I know it should be all explained in the documentation but ive been learning so much im a bit shell shocked at cramming it all in, a helping hand in compiling this short bit of code and I guess call the functions in the header files would be really useful 👍 : (im going to spend a while looking at the documention now)

edit: found this mod archive https://modarchive.org/index.php

Edited by phoz

Posted (edited)

oh I just looked a bit more at the documentation, I should have looked a bit more at it it's got everything there, I guess when youre busy and trying to decide where to focus your efforts, its easy to skim over something, im going to get back to the documention  and cop/paste the code examples download the relevant code and try and build it, I still need to be more familiar with this process, but thanks baron. [any input still greatly appreciated, or if anyone else is compiling this let me know how you get on] :)

Edited by phoz

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!