• Advertisement
ePitts

link curl statically

Hi

I forgot how I've linked in my shared lib curl statically. Now I get linker Errors like:

main.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "__imp_curl_global_init" in Funktion "

after

#include <curl/curl.h>

I do

#ifdef _DEBUG
#pragma comment(lib, "libcurl_a_debug.lib")
#else
#pragma comment(lib, "libcurl_a.lib")
#endif

what did I Forget?

Many thanks

Advertisement

1. Do not never ever use #pragma comment rather than define your dependencies in the build configuration/linker tab

2. Do you have included the output path of your static lib into the linker configuration and build the lib before building your dependent program?

Seems I first Need to rebuild libcurl to have the matching version. Any ideas on how to build statically libcurl without any dependencies on Win10? 

Thanks

The included visual studio projects have a ton of options to pick from:

KINo6LW.png

And you end up with something like: curl\builds\libcurl-vc14-x64-release-static-ipv6-sspi-winssl\lib\libcurl_a.lib

Posted (edited)

Yes I saw this. I don't need openssl or any other stuff. What should I pick for a static build to include in my shared lib? Thanks

ps: I'll try the libssh2 of your Picture and see if that's static.

Edited by ePitts