• Advertisement
SIr Pep

Screen capturing software

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of free screen capturing software... All I need to be able to do it capture about 15 seconds worth of action and save it to a MP4 or something.

I would prefer something without a watermark and open source, but I haven't been able to find anything like that.

Would anyone know of a program, or happen to be using a good one that's free?

Advertisement
25 minutes ago, SIr Pep said:

Thanks for the quick reply @Rutin it does look a bit overkill but I'll check it out. Literally all I want it for is for tiny clips like the one I had on my last blog 
https://www.gamedev.net/blogs/entry/2266992-moving-forward-and-up-down-left-and-right/

Would it work very well for that?

OBS is actually very popular. Streamers on Twitch it a lot. Video content creators for games also use it for play throughs, ect... I cannot suggest anything else unless you want to use FRAPS or something, but I'm not sure if that is free, and if it is free if there is a watermark. OBS is something a lot of people use including myself for video recording. Watch a starter video on Youtube for setting it up and you'll be good to go. Cannot go wrong as it will do everything you're asking for.