A Revolutionary New Game

Started by
7 comments, last by F.Monty 4 years, 10 months ago

Hello there! I am currently working with a team on a game called Eradication. Its the first game from a 45 degree angle perspective, which is a cross between a 2D sidescroller and a 2D topdown game. This angle creates a three-dimentional view perfect for ground and vertical movement as you can see your surroundings and can do just as much as an average first or third person 3D game, making difficult challenges easy and impossible challanges difficult. In other words, you can do cooler stuff in a 45 degree game than any other kind of game!

Eradication is also a fast-pased platforming arena-shooter with a focus on killing the most other players before time runs out and customizability. There will be online multiplayer, local multiplayer, and an expansive story mode! We are currently in need of more C#/Unity coders and can always use more 3D modelers, 2D designers and sound editors. The game will be free with no ads or microtransactions since we don't want to interfere with the player's experience, hence no one will be getting paid. 

If you are interested in helping out or just playing, join us at: https://discord.gg/rqAWPZH

Advertisement
4 hours ago, Mr. Blue Sky said:

Its the first game from a 45 degree angle perspective

Not to be discouraging otherwise, but you may want to fact check this tidbit.  45° and similarly angled perspectives actually used to be incredibly common (largely for the reasons you described) albeit largely in the 1990s if I recall my timeline correctly.

- Jason Astle-Adams

7 minutes ago, jbadams said:

Not to be discouraging otherwise, but you may want to fact check this tidbit.  45° and similarly angled perspectives actually used to be incredibly common (largely for the reasons you described) albeit largely in the 1990s if I recall my timeline correctly.

What you mean is isometric, and thats closer to topdown. Im talking an exact cross and instead of showing from a corner it shows from the side, closer to a platformer.

I didn't mean isometric (which was also very popular), no.  I mean, like tilted half way between front and top-down, with no corners shown as you described.  I believe it was sometimes referred to as "bird's eye orthographic projection", and although there was a lot of variation from an exact 45° it was a very popular type of view and many games had angles very similar to if not exactly 45°.

Your idea sounds like great fun otherwise though, and those viewports seem to have largely fallen out of fashion in the intervening years, so no need to let the lack of novelty discourage you. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

@_Silence_: that's not the angle being discussed, that's isometric or similar.  The view being discussed keeps things squarely front facing (so corners aren't visible) but tilts the angle up (not sideways) approximately 45°, showing both the front and top of a cube but not either of the sides.

A bit like this camera would present:1_1Ae-PZvWvZJGX2tqjLUUvA.png

I'm sorry I brought it up, I just meant it to be a quick friendly note, not a whole drawn out conversation that detracts from everything else in the post.

- Jason Astle-Adams

<sigh> Well, very good. I like the name your (group) has chosen for this project. Do you have any concept art or pencil work you're prepared to show to get the ball rolling?

On 5/18/2019 at 11:05 PM, jbadams said:

@_Silence_: that's not the angle being discussed, that's isometric or similar.  The view being discussed keeps things squarely front facing (so corners aren't visible) but tilts the angle up (not sideways) approximately 45°, showing both the front and top of a cube but not either of the sides.

Very sorry for that. I missed the point.

Hello,

I am a sound designer and Foley artist and I would love to get involved if you still need someone. My job is in post production so I am not totally sure if you need a sound person now or later down the road? Feel free to shoot me a message!

Joe

JOE C CORBEIL

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement