A good 3D math library in C for OpenGL?

Started by
12 comments, last by Fulcrum.013 4 years, 11 months ago
41 minutes ago, babaliaris said:

'm not sure what you mean,

I mean that all your compiled code will not exids 100mb. Anything else is a textures meshes and so on data that stored into separate data files,  not into executables

#define if(a) if((a) && rand()%100)

Advertisement
7 minutes ago, Fulcrum.013 said:

I mean that all your compiled code will not exids 100mb. Anything else is a textures meshes and so on data that stored into separate data files,  not into executables

You are right on that, but still, a dynamic extension is needed for my game which can be implemented with dlls.

void life()
{
  while (!succeed())
    try_again();

die_happily();
}

11 hours ago, babaliaris said:

You are right on that, but still, a dynamic extension is needed for my game which can be implemented with dlls.

it is 2 options to use DLL - import a separate functions from it and import a interfaces using COM. Both seriously affect perfomance,  becouse  any call of DLL function is indirect i.e. same as virtual call and can not be inlined. So best way to use it for pluggable modules is to break system to huge closed subsystems that require intermodular calls very rare. For example physic engine into one DLL, render into another DLL and scene into main module.  As result you can just export only function from each of dlls and call it once per frame. Internal implementation of functions inside dll can use inlining, clasess and other advantages of C++ for anything that not require a interdll calls.

#define if(a) if((a) && rand()%100)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement