Story writer for a mind bending VR puzzle game.

Started by
5 comments, last by Dan Violet Sagmiller 4 years, 9 months ago

Seeking a game writer for a VR game. Need free work during the initial demo phase for a publisher or Kick Starter presentation to seek funding. The position will become paid, post funding.  Will need to sign NDA for final plot characteristics.  We will only build the game if there is funding to support that.  

Applicants Please should include

• A short story
  • Links/references to previously completed writings or training.
  • Any other abilities that will help/support a game dev team.
  • Send it to Game.Dev@Live.com

Short story parameters:

• Someone is solving a puzzle box. Why? How did it start?
  • 500-1000 words
  • DO NOT FINISH the story, leave it a mystery. Make me wish I had the rest of the story.
  • 1st person perspective, can use narrator to provide outsider knowledge.
  • Something about the puzzle box disobeys known physics.
  • Could be magic, or sci-fi, but you don't need to explain it.
  • NOT HORROR. Exceptions of Cerebral Horror. The game is intended to be a mind bender.
  • NO CONCEPT ART, NO PLOT POINTS. There are key elements behind the NDA that will undoubtedly change these.

TEAM:

• Dan Violet Sagmiller - Industry Vet, published author on Unity/AI, MVP, advanced speaker
  • Nick A. - Senior Programmer
  • ????? - Writer Xtrodinaire
  • ????? - Modeller/Artist
  • ????? - Audio Designer
  • ????? - Level/Puzzle Designer (3D)
  • ????? - Lighting/Effects Engineer.

Moltar - "Do you even know how to use that?"

Space Ghost - “Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple yes or no answer."

Dan - "Best Description of AI ever."

Advertisement

If you want to look up my background: 

Space Ghost - “Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple yes or no answer."

You are asking for too much without showing anything yourself so i have no intention of following your parameters, for a "mind bending puzzle"  i would suggest an eldritch abomination trying to enter reality to eat people, the puzzle is reality and its a box because its how reality looks from outside the universe, the progression would be on several people with more means trying to stop the player from entering reality

PM me if you are interested but don't ask for so much without at least showing your portfolio 

@Gin Hindew 110 Aside from the fact that links to some of my portfolio was posted above your request, I do want to clarify two things.  1) I don't want plot points, such as you have listed.  I pretty firmly believe that almost anyone can come up with plot points that sound interesting.  What I am interested in is 2) making sure someone can write.  1-2 pages, but no ending (I'm not trying to get a whole story here).  If I read 1-2 pages that but am not that interested in what comes next, I don't not consider the author very good, or at least not my type of story.  I believe the best trait an author can carry, is content that the reader cannot put down.

I have the specifics in there, because it guarantees the writer's target is close enough to the content behind the NDA.

Timeline? As a rule I (maybe a non-royal "we" is more appropriate) balk at free work, but a good rejected story can be retooled as a piece of standalone fiction. That said, even enticing opportunities have to wait for me to finish concrete obligations. (CV more data on my background on request. Time also to finish my profile.) 

@Mosker It is still open at this time.  I would prefer to wait until we find the right person, which has not happened yet.  And I fully understand concrete commitments, concrete paychecks and hundreds, if not thousands of 'opportunities' to join projects for free.  Back when I was doing an indie project called Warp Wars, it wasn't until I had demos getting out that people started following.  Having an NDA on an Indie is really challenging for talent acquisition, but the only way I know to protect the IP effectively until we have something closer to marketable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement