Side Scrolling Arcade Shooter - Explosive Balls

Started by
3 comments, last by lawnjelly 4 years, 10 months ago

Project

Thumb

gallery_fo.png.b56e5b254d0b3910127a0c9e35dc3a3e.pngExplosiveBalls_thumb.jpg.11297445a3e50dc5f4ea1cb839199879.jpg

Thank you for this challenge. I see we're wrapping it up a little early, which is great. 

This was my, "all in software" attempt and it went really well. A couple of days ago, I broke the enemy side in a playful sort of way, which gave me an excuse to pull the AI from one of my other projects and stuff into this. Next day we were writing states and wiring it up. That felt swell. The pixel water made me happy, check that off the list. Anything that runs away with a mind of its own in  source, is every bit worth the play. Working with raw arrays like this is pretty powerful. There is a Perlin generator in there for improved background and foreground coloring which might also be an interesting continuation. 

reference source [ youtube user : javidx9 ]

reference source 

ExplosiveBalls_cover.jpg

Advertisement

I wasn't able to play the game. The window loads up then blinks and closes right after the menu shows.

image.png.c3d320081c2327fe99b6b41c33548a73.png

Programmer and 3D Artist

wow...somehow missed this completely...bummer...my experience with your game yielded something similar, where I was getting a choppy frame rate which made it unplayable. This is interesting though. My first thought is to look at the sound system. I've crashed on that. The thread locks are in place but I'm probably messing it up somewhere. 

I've only just got back home but the latest build doesn't seem to work right for me under wine on linux either, and the other 2 earlier test builds ran fine. I'm getting a black screen with the music and a very high frame rate (2000 or so) and it doesn't seem to be drawing anything. Will investigate again tomorrow when I've had a night's sleep. :) 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement